You are not logged in.

#1 2012-10-02 09:11:17

aliasbody
Website

How to know the licence of a package using yaourt

Hello Everyone,

I would like to know if there is a way to show the licence of a package using yaourt (or any similar application), I would love to adapt something like this to a distributions like Parabola Gnu/Linux.

Thanks in Advance,
Luis Da Costa

#2 2012-10-02 09:47:31

WorMzy
Forum Moderator
Website

Re: How to know the licence of a package using yaourt

pacman -Qi <packagename> | grep Licences

for installed packages.

Or

yaourt -Si <packagename> | grep Licences

For packages in the repositories (and AUR)

Edit: I've found a discrepancy -- with "yaourt -Si", AUR packages appear to have "Licenses" as opposed to "Licences", so watch out for that. Not sure if it's exclusive to yaourt.

To counter that, you can use

yaourt -Si <packagename> | grep "Licen[cs]es"

EDIT EDIT: Good grief this was a mangled post, hopefully it makes sense now, haha.

Last edited by WorMzy (2012-10-02 12:41:43)

Sakura:-
Mobo: MSI MAG X570S TORPEDO MAX // Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz // GFX: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT // RAM: 32GB (4x 8GB) Corsair DDR4 (@ 3000MHz) // Storage: 1x 3TB HDD, 6x 1TB SSD, 2x 120GB SSD, 1x 275GB M2 SSD

Making lemonade from lemons since 2015.

#3 2012-10-02 12:27:31

Awebb

It's in the PKGBUILD. Saying that you install a package from the AUR without even looking at the PKGBUILD usually confronts you with us zaelots, telling you that you should at least check the PKGBUILD for obvious problems before installing the package. You have hereby been confronted with the usual lecture.

#4 2012-10-03 20:22:20

aliasbody
Website

WorMzy wrote:
pacman -Qi <packagename> | grep Licences

for installed packages.

Or

yaourt -Si <packagename> | grep Licences

For packages in the repositories (and AUR)

Edit: I've found a discrepancy -- with "yaourt -Si", AUR packages appear to have "Licenses" as opposed to "Licences", so watch out for that. Not sure if it's exclusive to yaourt.

To counter that, you can use

yaourt -Si <packagename> | grep "Licen[cs]es"

EDIT EDIT: Good grief this was a mangled post, hopefully it makes sense now, haha.

Thanks you for your help big_smile

#5 2012-10-03 20:22:53

aliasbody
Website

Awebb wrote:

It's in the PKGBUILD. Saying that you install a package from the AUR without even looking at the PKGBUILD usually confronts you with us zaelots, telling you that you should at least check the PKGBUILD for obvious problems before installing the package. You have hereby been confronted with the usual lecture.

I read the PKGBUILD, but I was searching for something to use before any instalation in order to create a sort of "fork" only proposing free software.

Board footer