You are not logged in.

#1 2012-08-21 00:34:46

Narga
Website

[Solved] - Some application icon is too big in xfce applications menu

Hi,
I don't know why about this problem, some softwares icons in xfce application menu is to big and zoom in to bigger when hover the mouse
It's only happened with crossover, rssowl, httrack, windows application items
I've tried reinstall all the icon package, qt, wine... but it's still the same. RSSOwl has a big image then overrider all the others, after hover the mouse, the real icon of applications will appear.
I've refresh icon cache with gtk-update-icon-cache command, it's still the same
What's can I do now?

Last edited by Narga (2012-10-02 16:21:08)

#2 2012-10-02 13:05:31

rene

Re: [Solved] - Some application icon is too big in xfce applications menu

For me, the only program for which this happened had an XPM image file as icon. When I converted the icon to BMP just now, all was well again. If you have ImageMagick installed, conversion consists of typing "convert foo.old foo.new" into a terminal (where clearly "old" is, for example, "xpm" and "new" is "bmp"). The GIMP or some other graphics program will work as well.

This seems a clear and probably easily solved bug in XFCE so if you're feeling social you could open a bug rapport in their bugzilla.  I saw you posted on their forums as well, but got no replies...

[EDIT]

Oh, by the way, if you don't know where the actual icon files ARE in order to convert them -- they are named in the .desktop file that you find in /usr/share/applications for standard programs or ~/.local/share/applications for local additions to the menu. Also, you clearly need to change the name there as well, if the name of the icon changes from [/where/ever/]foo.old to [/maybe/somewhere/else/]foo.new.

Last edited by rene (2012-10-03 09:01:07)

#3 2012-10-02 16:20:44

Narga
Website

Re: [Solved] - Some application icon is too big in xfce applications menu

Oh, it's working like charm. I've convert .xpm icon to png format with multi-size then place its into /usr/share/icon but it's not perfect.
thanks!

Board footer