You are not logged in.

#1 2012-10-03 07:53:57

windingload

Display issues on startup with iMac

Hi all,

I was successfully installation with GRUB-EFI on iMac (https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=149657)
But now I could not continue after GRUB.

I have no ways to upload my picture because I'm using Mac OSX's recovery media to post/show this forum.
My display shows up some progresses and randomly appears yellow or blue blocks and lines and Fleezes.
After poweroff by hands, same issue. It looks horrible. But Graphics card is fine there are no error with using this recovery media and GRUB's bootloader.

THe screen stop "Waiting for udev uevents to be proceed [BUSY]" and screen stops and can't type anything.

It seems latest installation media's bug?? I use archlinux-2012.09.07-dual.iso and boot was same error after boot screen.
I use 2012.08.04-dual.iso was okay. I don't know how to avoid this bootup.

Please give me some advices?

Last edited by windingload (2012-10-03 08:22:48)

Sincerely,

tongue

#2 2012-10-04 00:02:48

bsilbaugh

Re: Display issues on startup with iMac

So, are you trying to install the official Arch Linux, or is this still ArchBang?

- Good judgement comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgement. -- Mark Twain
- There's a remedy for everything but death. -- The wise fool, Sancho Panza
- The purpose of a system is what it does. -- Anthony Stafford Beer

#3 2012-10-04 01:42:08

windingload

Re: Display issues on startup with iMac

bsilbaugh wrote:

So, are you trying to install the official Arch Linux, or is this still ArchBang?

No I (never) don't. I used ArchBang why just want to check GRUB2 work and to run web browser on my iMac (I don't have any other machiens... my laptop server was still broken whatever...) And now I use to post/check forums with Macintosh's recovery web disk. Now my only OperatingSystems are shreded. I aporogize all to give some misunderstanding.

Last edited by windingload (2012-10-04 01:44:56)

Sincerely,

tongue

Board footer