You are not logged in.

#1 2012-10-03 17:58:15

snufkin

Can't connect to wireless using NetworkManager unless killing dhcpcd

I've bought myself a new laptop (Asus UX31E), but I'm having trouble with getting it to connect to a network. Well, sort of at least. In order to establish a connection I have to manually run dhcpcd -x before trying to connect to the network. If not, NetworkManager says it couldn't connect.

System is installed from latest install media (including systemd) and everything's up to date. As for DE, I'm running Cinnamon from the AUR.

What do I have to do to avoid manually killing dhcpcd every time I boot the computer?

#2 2012-10-14 15:47:12

Dheart

Re: Can't connect to wireless using NetworkManager unless killing dhcpcd

Same issue, on both of my laptops, happened after system update somewhat beginnings of september... I have to kill dhcpcd every time I boot in order to get internet...

My victim you are meant to be
No, you cannot hide nor flee
You know what I'm looking for
Pleasure your torture, I will endure...

#3 2012-10-14 16:31:51

dodo3773

Re: Can't connect to wireless using NetworkManager unless killing dhcpcd

I use dhclient with networkmanager. If I remember correctly there wasn't much setup to do either. I am pretty sure I just installed dhclient and then networkmanager started using it by default. I guess the first question for you guys is: Is dhcpcd in your startup daemons? It shouldn't need to be as networkmanager should call it on it's own I believe.

Board footer