You are not logged in.

#1 2012-10-03 22:32:43

madchine
Website

[systemd] Unmounting automount'ed remote mounts

I followed falconindy's suggestion of using the automount option (x-systemd.automount) for mounting remote filesystems, that way insuring that systemd wouldn't mount them before the network was up. The mounting bit is nice and clever and works beautifully. The unmounting, however, not so much.

Basically, it appears that the Networkmanager service is dropped before unmounting the shares, and so the system hangs on shutdown/reboot. This is confirmed by manually unmounting which causes the hang to disappear.

This seems to be a recognised bug as an archer reported the problem on the systemd development mailing thread and got acknowledgement of it. However, that was a month ago and though a newer version of systemd is out the problem persists.

Can anyone suggest a decent workaround (other than attempting to patch against an outdated version... :-( ) ? Or tell me how I'm getting this wrong...?

#2 2012-10-03 23:29:17

moetunes

Re: [systemd] Unmounting automount'ed remote mounts

If networkmanager is causing the problem have you tried using something else?
I use netcfg and there's no problems shutting down here.

You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me.

#3 2012-10-04 08:31:21

knysng

I am having the exact same problem and its quite annoying. I hope that the systemd upstream guys will be able to figure this one out soon.

#4 2012-10-04 15:40:44

zenlord
Website

I might be naive in this, but I think the solution is that the service-file for networkmanager is edited to only stop the service after certain partitions are unmounted? I thought systemd made chaining processes like this easy...

This should probably be automated, but a workaround for this should be possible, no?

#5 2012-10-14 18:43:07

farnsworth

moetunes wrote:

If networkmanager is causing the problem have you tried using something else?
I use netcfg and there's no problems shutting down here.

I've tryed to replace networkmanager by netcfg but the problem is still there sad
I'm not using systemd.automount flag in fstab, the share are mouted with autofs.

Board footer