You are not logged in.

#1 2012-10-06 01:24:34

mathfeel

keyboard not working in web browsers

I am having a strange keyboard problem. I have Google Chrome and Chromium installed. I was using them last night when the keyboard stopped working in them. It is strange because the keyboard works every where else: window manager (gnome3 and xfce), text editor, and terminal. WM commands (e.g. Alt-F4 to close) works.

Getting frustrated, I installed firefox. It too, fails to respond to any keyboard event.

The only web browser that I have working is XFCE's web, in which I am posting this.

I tried, nuking the config dirs for chrome and chromium. Also tried launching them as a different user. None worked.

Any idea?

Last edited by mathfeel (2012-10-06 01:25:51)

Cheers!

M

#2 2012-10-06 02:36:36

WonderWoofy

Re: keyboard not working in web browsers

Logs?

#3 2012-10-06 03:04:12

mathfeel

Nothing special output to terminal:

$ google-chrome 

Not sure what other logs to look in. Maybe this?

$ cat ~/.xsession-errors
/etc/gdm/Xsession: Beginning session setup...
localuser:mlfzhang being added to access control list
/etc/gdm/Xsession: Setup done, will execute: /usr/bin/ssh-agent -- startxfce4
/usr/bin/startxfce4: X server already running on display :0
xfce4-session-Message: ssh-agent is already running; starting gpg-agent without ssh support
Initializing tracker-store...
Initializing tracker-miner-fs...
Tracker-Message: Setting up monitor for changes to config file:'/home/mlfzhang/.config/tracker/tracker-store.cfg'
Tracker-Message: Setting up monitor for changes to config file:'/home/mlfzhang/.config/tracker/tracker-miner-fs.cfg'
WARNING: gnome-keyring:: couldn't connect to: /home/mlfzhang/.cache/keyring-LGHuLH/pkcs11: No such file or directory
Tracker-Message: Setting up monitor for changes to config file:'/home/mlfzhang/.config/tracker/tracker-store.cfg'
Starting log:
  File:'/home/mlfzhang/.local/share/tracker/tracker-store.log'
Starting log:
  File:'/home/mlfzhang/.local/share/tracker/tracker-miner-fs.log'

** (process:1297): WARNING **: Trying to register gtype 'GMountMountFlags' as enum when in fact it is of type 'GFlags'

** (process:1297): WARNING **: Trying to register gtype 'GDriveStartFlags' as enum when in fact it is of type 'GFlags'

** (process:1297): WARNING **: Trying to register gtype 'GSocketMsgFlags' as enum when in fact it is of type 'GFlags'
Warning: python-keybinder is not installed. This means the hide_window shortcut will be unavailable
Unable to bind hide_window key, another instance/window has it.
WARNING: gnome-keyring:: couldn't connect to: /home/mlfzhang/.cache/keyring-LGHuLH/pkcs11: No such file or directory

(tracker-miner-fs:1015): Tracker-WARNING **: The maximum number of monitors to set (7692) has been reached, not adding any new ones

Cheers!

M

#4 2012-10-06 03:12:55

WonderWoofy

Logging stuff is usually found in /var/log

#5 2012-10-07 03:12:14

mathfeel

WonderWoofy wrote:

Logging stuff is usually found in /var/log

I don't think anything relevant is logged. Which log would be of interest here?

Cheers!

M

Board footer