You are not logged in.

#1 2012-10-07 19:04:33

wolfdogg

agile scrum php app needed / or tinypm installation help

I was looking for a php based agile / scrum application that i can use to manage my personal web development over here for freelance, and personal use.  Im looking for a ticketing  / statusing system so as the ideas come, i can backlog them, and go through deployment iterations so i can maintain focus during development.

Im open to suggestions, and would really love a php based web app, so i can just extract it on my server, and access it via intranet.

barring this, has anybody installed tinypm on arch?  its java based,

i managed to install the jar, but got the following errors

[ Starting to unpack ]
[ Processing package: tinyPM (1/2) ]
[ Processing package: tinyPM Configuration (2/2) ]
internal error: pattern "packages/packages/tinypm//webapps/**" produced invalid RE "webapps/**"
internal error: pattern "packages/packages/tinypm//**/hibernate.properties" produced invalid RE "**/hibernate.properties"
internal error: pattern "packages/packages/tinypm//db/**" produced invalid RE "db/**"
[ Unpacking finished ]
[ Console installation done ]

it looks as if i need to follow some tomcat setup procedure, which makes me realize that i cant use it as a php web app but instead have to install a java server...  I dont really want to do this unless its easy, im not really into setting up a java server just to control agile development unless necessary.

Node.js, PHP Software Architect and Engineer (Full-Stack/DevOps)
GitHub  | LinkedIn

#2 2012-10-07 21:42:35

Evanlec
Website

Re: agile scrum php app needed / or tinypm installation help

At work we use Jira ... a bit of a larger app than you probably need but its pretty good...uses the KanBan Development workflow (don't worry I had no idea what this was either when I started working there)

#3 2012-10-08 02:26:02

wolfdogg

Re: agile scrum php app needed / or tinypm installation help

Thanks for the response.  Its nice to see another developer out there that uses agile.  i used jira at the last place i worked at too.  that might actually be fine if its open source, i didnt check that one yet.  Yeah, at teh place i work now we use kanban paper tags as well. I dont need Kanban at home, but i might whiteboard that info, that sounds cool.  We also use sharepoint there for the workflow (i hate sharepoint).  Its like everything we do is open source except for sharepoint, and some of the databases we use.  But im trying to find something cool like this for home thats turnkey for php, maybe just a config file or something that needs adjusting. 

im not even sure what search terms, or keywords to use to search this kind of stuff.  I didn find a list of them on wikipedia for agile apps, thats what led me to tinypm, but i might be barking up the wrong tree, thats what made me think to ask my favorite community of guys and gals over here at arch since i know theres alot of us that do this same sort of thing in one shape or form.

edit: i think i found a cool one that im trying right now, phpprojekt http://www.phprojekt.com/

Last edited by wolfdogg (2012-10-08 03:21:35)

Node.js, PHP Software Architect and Engineer (Full-Stack/DevOps)
GitHub  | LinkedIn

Board footer