You are not logged in.

#1 2012-10-07 17:42:16

Morrad

[Solved]With systemd on install media, systemctl works during install?

When I upgrading my current machine from sysvinit to systemd, in order to use systemctl to enable services, I first had to reboot the system.

With the new install media for October using systemd, is it possible to enable these services using systemctl during the install (ie, so I could add 'systemctl enable foo.service' to install scripts)?

I do realize that I could just manually symlink, but it feel much nicer to use systemctl.

Last edited by Morrad (2012-10-08 05:12:39)

#2 2012-10-08 02:22:05

KairiTech

Re: [Solved]With systemd on install media, systemctl works during install?

I do exactly that in my install script...

systemctl enable cronie.service
systemctl enable dhcpcd@.service
systemctl enable UEFIstubMOVE.path
systemctl start  UEFIstubMOVE.path

...but see below for the message I get when I try to start one of the services...

ln -s '/usr/lib/systemd/system/cronie.service' '/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/cronie.service'
ln -s '/usr/lib/systemd/system/dhcpcd@.service' '/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/dhcpcd@eth0.service'
ln -s '/etc/systemd/system/UEFIstubMOVE.path' '/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/UEFIstubMOVE.path'
Running in chroot, ignoring request.

#3 2012-10-08 02:59:40

Scimmia
Fellow

systemd on the boot media means that it's running on the live CD. You can issue the systemctl commands, but they will only effect the live environment, not the installation you're trying to set up. Remember that even installing from the newest iso, the installed setup is still using initscripts, not systemd.

Last edited by Scimmia (2012-10-08 03:01:31)

#4 2012-10-08 03:01:49

WonderWoofy

I assume that you can still enable services in the chroot, as it should just apply the necessay symlinks.  But as exemplified above, the actual services would not be available to run.

#5 2012-10-08 05:11:07

Morrad

WonderWoofy wrote:

I assume that you can still enable services in the chroot, as it should just apply the necessay symlinks.  But as exemplified above, the actual services would not be available to run.

This is exactly what I'm hoping to be able to do.

Thanks everyone for the input.

Board footer