You are not logged in.

#1 2012-10-09 10:04:09

illusionist

systemd hibernation wiki entry

Hello,
   I migrated to systemd few weeks ago and in process of making it work for me in all aspects I came up with this for hibernation :--

# cp /usr/lib/systemd/system/systemd-hibernate.service /etc/systemd/system/.
# cd /etc/systemd/system/
# vi systemd-hibernate.service

and edit this line from this:

ExecStart=/usr/lib/systemd/systemd-sleep hibernate

to this:

ExecStart=/usr/sbin/s2disk

Now execute "systemctl hibernate" to hibernate. I tested this on 5 machines running arch and it works everytime.
What do you guys think of this ?
Should I go ahead and edit the wiki ?

Last edited by illusionist (2012-10-10 06:55:37)

Never argue with stupid people,They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.--Mark Twain
@github

#2 2012-10-10 06:57:00

illusionist

Re: systemd hibernation wiki entry

I edited the Wiki .
Here is the change - archwiki:systemd hibernate

Never argue with stupid people,They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.--Mark Twain
@github

#3 2012-11-27 16:02:38

msx
Website

Re: systemd hibernation wiki entry

Hi illusionist :)
While I actually am able to hibernate and wakeup the system on which I tested this method using Xfce built-in options without problem, I was looking for a way to do the same from the console (ssh, that is) so many thanks for posting this guide and updating the wiki article.

But...-yep- I have this glitch once the system is up: the NIS eth0 is down and it's impossible to make the system recognize it, nothing works even with a manual setup, I need to rebuild the initram image without the uresume hook -so the next time the distro's own hibernate/wakeup method is used- and reboot the computer. However I must say that I tested this guide on an Arch-based distro, not Arch Linux itself so it well may be that this is a problem concerning that particular distro.
Alas since the machine on which I tested this hibernate method is going to be moved to a place where there isn't a network connection available I will not be able to do further research on what is happening here so I'm posting this comment just for the record; in the event I get a network connection I will investigate this issue and post back.

Regards.

Last edited by msx (2012-11-27 16:07:10)

Enjoying i3wm w/ lifebar + j4-dmenu-desktop + tab_windows / fish shell / Emacs / tmux / Konsole / KDE apps
Arch + Linux-libre kernel: ParabolaGNULinux.org

Board footer