You are not logged in.

#1 2012-10-12 03:00:11

akspecs

Getting the close/minimize/maximize buttons in Chromium on the left!!

This is purely aesthetic.  I am wondering how to get the buttons in Chromium on the left side, like we can via gconf editor or other config menus built in typical GTK/QT desktop environments.

I just happened to notice that the default chromium package in Ubuntu has these buttons on the left.  Is this an option you enable when compiling or am I not looking hard enough (e.g. buttonsOnLeft=yes) lol?  I prefer not to drop the compact style of the chromium window, though there is a way if you use the GTK decorator which I do know how to configure.

Anyone figure it out?

#2 2012-10-12 03:04:06

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: Getting the close/minimize/maximize buttons in Chromium on the left!!

akspecs wrote:

I just happened to notice that the default chromium package in Ubuntu has these buttons on the left.

Probably something to do with them using Unity, they may even have patched chromium to behave that way. Certainly my sister's Ubuntu install had everything on the left (really annoying, that).

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#3 2012-10-12 04:08:15

akspecs

The interesting thing is that I think you can set the buttons to the right side if you prefer that, I'm just not sure about chromium in this case.  While everything in Ubuntu will be on the right because you set it like that manually, Chromium will still be on the left while here in Arch, it defaults to the right.

#4 2012-10-12 06:00:29

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

So it looks hardcoded? Look at their package source and see what hacks/patches they're applying.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer