You are not logged in.

#1 2004-01-04 00:29:47

rayzorblayde

can't boot from iso

I burnt the ISO image to a cdrw to install arch 0.5, but it won't boot.  i know not to just burn the iso file to a disk (i'm not that dumb smile), so that's not the problem.  i've never had any problems like this with any other distro i have installed.  it just fails to boot from the cd.  what am i doing wrong?  is the cd even supposed to be bootable? and if not, how the heck are you supposed to install this?  sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, i tried searching, but found no results.  thanks.

loading.... please wait....

#2 2004-01-04 00:42:44

farphel
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: can't boot from iso

Just stating the obvious, but sometimes it can be overlooked.

Is booting from the CD enabled in the BIOS?

Did you compare the md5sum of the downloaded ISO to the md5sums on the site?

Follow the link below, sign up, and accept one promotional offer.  If I can get five suckers (err... friends) to do this, I'll get a free iPod.  Then you too can try to get a free iPod. Thanks! http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=11363142

#3 2004-01-04 00:47:29

rayzorblayde

enabled? yes... i made sure of that

[edit]it seems like it tries to boot from the cd, but fails, maybe i should try reburning it?[/edit]

md5's all worked out also.  i can browse the cd in windows, and it only has the two folders (arch and isolinux) in the main dir, no files.  is that the problem?  most other distros have an autorun of some sort in there.

thanks.

#4 2004-01-04 04:06:59

rayzorblayde

ok, i dunno why, but it worked when i did a new burn.  but i burned the 0.591 or whatever that one of the users posted in another thread.  now i just need to read more documentation to get it all working right smile

Board footer