You are not logged in.

#1 2012-10-14 10:31:10

Unia
Website

[SOLVED] Security certificate on Windows Phone

Hello all,

I've been having this issue with the forums ever since I had my Lumia 800. It's Windows Phone specific I guess, as I only have it on this device and not, for example, on my PS3 or on my brother's iPod Touch.

Every time I want to navigate somewhere on the forums, I get a page first that says something is wrong with the security certificate here. I then must choose between ignoring this or going to another web site to avoid security risks.

This is obviously very annoying because it comes up not just once, but every time I navigate somewhere. I was wondering if there can be arranged something that would make these forums easily browsable for Windows Phone users too.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Unia (2012-10-17 10:18:31)

If you can't sit by a cozy fire with your code in hand enjoying its simplicity and clarity, it needs more work. --Carlos Torres

#2 2012-10-16 19:55:23

Pres

Re: [SOLVED] Security certificate on Windows Phone

Not something that would need to be fixed on Arch Linux's end. Just looks like Windows Phone does not trust the Startcom root certificate. You'd need to figure out a way to add this to your phone.

#3 2012-10-16 20:49:22

Unia
Website

That indeed crossed my mind, seeing as it works on other devices. I don't think I can make it 'accept' the certificate though, but now that I know the name of the certificate I can ask Google wink

EDIT: Some results say I should email myself the .cer file and that I can then open and accept it. I'm a newb on anything concercing website/internet though, so how can I obtain this file?

Last edited by Unia (2012-10-16 20:51:02)

If you can't sit by a cozy fire with your code in hand enjoying its simplicity and clarity, it needs more work. --Carlos Torres

#4 2012-10-17 01:22:17

fsckd
Forum Fellow

Hmm, it's a .crt file.

aur S & M :: forum rules :: Community Ethos
Resources for Women, POC, LGBT*, and allies

#5 2012-10-17 01:32:38

Pres

You can save it with your browser. For example in Firefox: click the lock->More Information...->View Certificate->Details. You can then export any of the certificates in the chain by clicking on them and using the export button. I believe a .cer file is in der format, so you'll probably need to convert it.

openssl x509 -inform pem -in <infile> -outform der -out <outfile>

#6 2012-10-17 10:18:15

Unia
Website

Thanks Pres, that works!

Marking solved smile

Board footer