You are not logged in.

#1 2012-10-18 09:34:28

Lockheed

Krusader doesn't save ftp passwords

I am using krusader as file manager for ftp connections, but when I add one to bookmarks, it still asks me for a password, and there is no option to save it.
What's wrong?

I am using XFCE and have no KDE.

#2 2012-10-18 12:59:19

oldtimeyjunk
Website

Re: Krusader doesn't save ftp passwords

Lockheed wrote:

I am using krusader as file manager for ftp connections, but when I add one to bookmarks, it still asks me for a password, and there is no option to save it.
What's wrong?

I am using XFCE and have no KDE.

The passwords are saved using KDE's wallet service, which doesn't (obviously) come with XFCE. There is an option in XFCE (Startup Applications) to enable starting of KDE's services.

"... being a Linux user is sort of like living in a house inhabited by a large family of carpenters and architects. Every morning when you wake up, the house is a little different. Maybe there is a new turret, or some walls have moved. Or perhaps someone has temporarily removed the floor under your bed." - Unix for Dummies, 2nd Edition

#3 2012-10-18 18:51:02

Lockheed

Is this wallet service a resource-heavy thing? I am asking because I will use FTP access only like once in a month and it would be unwise to keep it running at all times if it was a hog.

#4 2012-10-19 13:32:42

Lockheed

oldtimeyjunk wrote:

There is an option in XFCE (Startup Applications) to enable starting of KDE's services.

My xfce is quite gutted so I doubt I have Startup Applications. How can I start it manually?

Board footer