You are not logged in.

#101 2012-10-20 15:12:06

OK100

Re: Lyvi - command-line lyrics (and more!) viewer

zeltak wrote:

Do you know how to make it crash or it seems to be random?

i thinks its pretty random

I was able to reproduce it a few times today and I'll fix this soon.

zeltak wrote:

Set bg_color to the same as your terminal background color.

did that with no success. still getting black backgrounds. this is not random and in specific albums

Please test if it works with latest commit. I'm now using different way to find local images and bg_path_* options are now obsolete.

Thanks

#102 2012-10-20 19:24:00

zeltak

Hya

wow the new git version is really fast and in general seems much better, even the black background issue seems solve smile . one thing i noticed is that once in a while it shows the artist image in the album ui:

http://paste.xinu.at/8BZC/

other than that it works great smile

thx

Z

#103 2012-10-20 19:49:46

OK100

zeltak wrote:

Hya

wow the new git version is really fast and in general seems much better, even the black background issue seems solve smile . one thing i noticed is that once in a while it shows the artist image in the album ui:

http://paste.xinu.at/8BZC/

Fixed smile

#104 2012-10-22 05:21:22

Pranavg1890

It's a great app. I Love it. I have added it to my bash startup so that whenever i am listeninig on cmus (my favourite music player) , it automatically displays lyrics on tty. Many thanks for this app.

Also, could you please add support for fbterm? It is able to display background images. For more info , you can refer to man fbterm. There is given a script in that to do so. Thanks again.

Last edited by Pranavg1890 (2012-10-22 05:29:51)

Using Openbox + Tint2 + Idesk

#105 2012-10-22 12:40:38

OK100

Pranavg1890 wrote:

It's a great app. I Love it. I have added it to my bash startup so that whenever i am listeninig on cmus (my favourite music player) , it automatically displays lyrics on tty. Many thanks for this app.

Also, could you please add support for fbterm? It is able to display background images. For more info , you can refer to man fbterm. There is given a script in that to do so. Thanks again.

It seems that fbterm can't change background image on the fly (I tried the script from manpage). Let me know if I'm wrong.

#106 2012-10-22 15:26:51

Pranavg1890

Yes,you are correct. Sorry, I posted it in a hurry. fbterm currently doesn't support background changing on the fly. It only takes a snapshot on the start and sets it as background. i think on the fly changing feature will be implemented in a future versions of fbterm.

I am really sorry, @OK100.

Also, the lyrics are saved in the music directory of the file being played.This causes cluttering( due to mp3 and .lyric files residing in same directory). can you add an option to save the lyrics in a special hidden folder like .lyrics in each music folder.

If you are having problems in understanding it,tell me. i will elaborate it  a little more.

Many thanks.

Last edited by Pranavg1890 (2012-10-22 15:33:37)

#107 2012-10-23 07:48:08

OK100

You can set the directory in save_lyrics_format option, e.g:

save_lyrics_format = .lyrics/<filename>.lyric

Last edited by OK100 (2012-10-23 07:48:23)

#108 2012-10-23 15:09:39

Pranavg1890

Hi OK100,  I'm Trying to set up mplayer with lyvi. I use mplayer(command line, no GUI) for playing my files using ranger file manager. I followed the instructions in the wiki and all the metadata of the current playing song is stored in ~/.mplayer/log
But lyvi gives me this error. Please help.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/lyvi", line 1152, in <module>
    curses.wrapper(main)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/curses/wrapper.py", line 43, in wrapper
    return func(stdscr, *args, **kwds)
  File "/usr/bin/lyvi", line 1052, in main
    player.status()
  File "/usr/bin/lyvi", line 333, in status
    s = f.read().split(self.np['str']['beg'])[-1]
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'f' referenced before assignment

#109 2012-10-23 15:23:30

OK100

Fixed.

#110 2012-10-23 15:35:21

Pranavg1890

Thanks OK100. lyvi works now with mplayer.

#111 2012-10-23 16:48:29

Pranavg1890

Hi OK100, i tried the save_lyrics_format option but it is not saving files in .lyrics folder (first of all it is not creating the hidden folder .lyrics).

Also,  can you add an option for startup behaviour of lyvi. lyvi doesn't start if there is not a running player. can this startup behaviour be changed so that it starts but shows "not playing" status when a player is not running and detects the player at runtime (this behaviour could also be useful for starting lyvi as daemon at  system startup). if you don't agree with me , you can just add this startup-behaviour as an alternative option which can be configured in rc file. It would be a great feature.

#112 2012-10-23 17:08:45

OK100

Pranavg1890 wrote:

Hi OK100, i tried the save_lyrics_format option but it is not saving files in .lyrics folder (first of all it is not creating the hidden folder .lyrics).

Please run lyvi with -d flag and post here generated lyvi.log file.

Pranavg wrote:

Also,  can you add an option for startup behaviour of lyvi. lyvi doesn't start if there is not a running player. can this startup behaviour be changed so that it starts but shows "not playing" status when a player is not running and detects the player at runtime (this behaviour could also be useful for starting lyvi as daemon at  system startup). if you don't agree with me , you can just add this startup-behaviour as an alternative option which can be configured in rc file. It would be a great feature.

Sure

#113 2012-10-23 18:26:46

Pranavg1890

Hi OK100. the output is as follows:

INFO:root:Lyvi 1.1.0-git (libglyr 1.0.0), executed with Python 2.7.3
INFO:root:settings => {'key_next': 'b', 'color_title': 7, 'bg': False, 'lang': 'en', 'key_voldn': '-', 'key_quit': 'q', 'key_pause': 'c', 'key_autoscroll_toggle': 'i', 'bg_color': '000000', 'color_buttons': -1, 'bg_type': 'backdrops', 'save_lyrics_format': '.lyrics/<filename>.lyric', 'key_prev': 'z', 'mpd_host': 'localhost', 'mpd_config_file': '/home/pranavg/.mpdconf', 'key_bg_toggle': 's', 'mpd_port': 6600, 'key_stop': 'v', 'bg_opacity': 0.15, 'ui_hidden': False, 'key_volup': '=', 'key_ui_hide': 'h', 'player': 'cmus', 'autoscroll_time': 10, 'key_autoscroll_slower': 'o', 'bg_local': False, 'key_play': 'x', 'color_status': -1, 'key_autoscroll_faster': 'p', 'autoscroll': True, 'view': 'lyrics', 'autoscroll_step': 1, 'save_lyrics': True, 'key_toggle': 'a', 'color_text': -1}
INFO:root:player => Cmus
INFO:root:current song => artist: "Three Days Grace" title: "Misery Loves My Company" album: "Transit Of Venus" file: "/home/pranavg/Music/Three Days Grace/06. Misery Loves My Company.mp3"
INFO:root:current song => artist: "Three Days Grace" title: "Give In To Me" album: "Transit Of Venus" file: "/home/pranavg/Music/Three Days Grace/07. Give In To Me.mp3"
INFO:root:current song => artist: "Three Days Grace" title: "Sign Of The Times" album: "Transit Of Venus" file: "/home/pranavg/Music/Three Days Grace/01. Sign Of The Times.mp3"
INFO:root:current song => artist: "Linkin Park" title: "What I've Done" album: "Minutes to Midnight [Clean]" file: "/home/pranavg/Music/Linkin Park/06 What I've Done.mp3"

Strangely , it isn't giving any error but it is not also not creating .lyrics folder in the directory of the music file. If my output is giving you any useful information you can try setting the save_lyric_format on your system.see if it works on your system or not.

Last edited by Pranavg1890 (2012-10-23 18:28:11)

#114 2012-10-23 18:40:44

OK100

Works fine for me. Does it save anything if you set save_lyrics_format to <filename>.lyric ?

#115 2012-10-23 19:47:57

Pranavg1890

Hi OK100,  many thanks for listening to my requests.

Yes, it saves the .lyric file in the same directory as that of the playing file. if save_lyrics_format = <filename>.lyric It is just not able to save it in .lyric folder.

Also, I enabled the background option, but it displays only the image and not the text, does urxvt need to cusomized for transparency or something like that. (can you also add the option to configure lyvi for different terminals such as fbterm,urxvt, xterm as some features which are available in one terminal are not available in another)

the hidden_ui option does not work . it does not hide the ui. <using the h key> . Thanks  again.

#116 2012-10-23 20:16:05

OK100

Yes, it saves the .lyric file in the same directory as that of the playing file. if save_lyrics_format = <filename>.lyric It is just not able to save it in .lyric folder.

What player are you using? Lyric saving is not possible with some players (see wiki).

Also, I enabled the background option, but it displays only the image and not the text, does urxvt need to cusomized for transparency or something like that.

Please post here your lyvi and urxvt configs.

can you also add the option to configure lyvi for different terminals such as fbterm,urxvt, xterm as some features which are available in one terminal are not available in another

Urxvt is the only terminal I know which can change background image on the fly. If you know some other, let me know.

the hidden_ui option does not work . it does not hide the ui. <using the h key> . Thanks  again.

It's ui_hidden, not hidden_ui wink

Thanks

#117 2012-10-24 04:57:36

Pranavg1890

Hi OK100, I using cmus as my defaut player. I tried the ui_hidden option also, but it does not hide the ui.
Also, I am using dwm with no composting. so, could that be the problem for lyvi showing only the background image and not the text.

Here's my lyvi config:

autoscroll = True
save_lyrics = True
save_lyrics_format = .lyrics/<filename>.lyric
player = cmus
bg = True
ui_hidden = True
bg_opacity = 0.15
bg_color = 000000

Here's my Urxvt config (~/.Xresources):

URxvt.font: xft:terminus:bold:pixelsize=20
URxvt.background: black
URxvt.foreground: white
URxvt.scrollBar: False

Also, what i was trying to tell about terminals  is that lyvi should be able to run on different terminals simultaneously and should have different settings for each terminal ( like Using $TERM variable ) for eg. fbterm,xterm,linux tty do not support background images so they should have different settings for lyvi to run. lyvi (at startup) should automatically detect the terminal and apply the desired settings acccordingly.

Also, have you tried setting save_lyrics_format = .lyrics/<filename>.lyric on your system. It is not working on my system.
Is lyvi saving the lyrics in the .lyrics folder on your system in the directory of the music file.

Many Thanks.

Last edited by Pranavg1890 (2012-10-24 05:00:43)

#118 2012-10-24 20:30:27

zeltak

Hya

how are you? so i have still the issue where ~ 5-10% of the time the album view lyvi shows the artist
instead of album image for no apparent reason. to make things clear here is a short screencast showing the issue ;-)

http://paste.xinu.at/D4YEW/

any idea?

btw of youd like i can make a nice 'pimp my lyvi (tm)' screencast to show on your website ;-)

thx

Z

#119 2012-10-25 10:23:22

OK100

@Pranavg1890:

Pranavg1890 wrote:

I tried the ui_hidden option also, but it does not hide the ui.
Also, I am using dwm with no composting. so, could that be the problem for lyvi showing only the background image and not the text.

Actually, ui_hidden option hides the text and shows background image with full brightness. wink

Pranavg1890 wrote:

Also, what i was trying to tell about terminals  is that lyvi should be able to run on different terminals simultaneously and should have different settings for each terminal ( like Using $TERM variable ) for eg. fbterm,xterm,linux tty do not support background images so they should have different settings for lyvi to run. lyvi (at startup) should automatically detect the terminal and apply the desired settings acccordingly.

Background image is currently the only feature that is not supported by all teminals. So, I'll add a check that disables ui_hidden and bg options if terminal is not urxvt.

Pranavg1890 wrote:

Also, have you tried setting save_lyrics_format = .lyrics/<filename>.lyric on your system. It is not working on my system.
Is lyvi saving the lyrics in the .lyrics folder on your system in the directory of the music file.

I tried it with the same settings as yours and it worked fine. Do you have your music saved locally or on some remote filesystem?

@zeltak:

zeltak wrote:

Hya
how are you? so i have still the issue where ~ 5-10% of the time the album view lyvi shows the artist
instead of album image for no apparent reason. to make things clear here is a short screencast showing the issue ;-)
http://paste.xinu.at/D4YEW/

I will push the fix soon. By the way, do you still have "error: addstr() returned ERR" bug?

zeltak wrote:

btw of youd like i can make a nice 'pimp my lyvi (tm)' screencast to show on your website ;-)

That would be awesome smile

#120 2012-10-25 11:18:19

Pranavg1890

Thanks @OK100, now the lyvi saves in .lyrics folder when the player is cmus. I think , it is not supported with mplayer, cause it does not save in .lyrics folder.

Also, now urxvt displays both background and text. Many thanks.
Thanks OK100.
also, thanks for listening to my requests.
Thanks again.

#121 2012-10-25 11:32:04

OK100

Pranavg1890 wrote:

Thanks @OK100, now the lyvi saves in .lyrics folder when the player is cmus. I think , it is not supported with mplayer, cause it does not save in .lyrics folder.

Also, now urxvt displays both background and text. Many thanks.
Thanks OK100.
also, thanks for listening to my requests.
Thanks again.

smile You're welcome

#122 2012-10-27 21:13:05

OK100

Pranavg1890 wrote:

With latest git version, you can now run lyvi in daemon mode with

$ lyvi-daemon

#123 2012-10-31 15:37:23

zeltak

hya Ok100

how are you?

ive been getting lately again alot of errors with the lyrics mode

example:

File "/usr/bin/lyvi", line 77, in run
     super(LoggingThread, self).run()
                                       File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 504, in run
                     self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
                                                                   File "/usr/bin/lyvi", line 933, in autoscroll
                                      self.refresh()
                                                      File "/usr/bin/lyvi", line 908, in refresh
                      self.pager.refresh()
                                            File "/usr/bin/lyvi", line 828, in refresh
            self.win.addstr(y, 1, text[i].encode('utf-8'), color)
                                                                 error: addstr() returned ERR

i will try to get the screencast done this weekend (the hurricane kinda didnt leave me time the past one... ;-)

best

Z

#124 2012-11-04 16:47:55

Pranavg1890

Hi OK100, can you please add support for mpg123? It's a great lightweight player. Many Thanks.

#125 2012-11-04 18:08:10

OK100

Pranavg1890 wrote:

Hi OK100, can you please add support for mpg123? It's a great lightweight player. Many Thanks.

Done. By the way, did you try to run lyvi in daemon mode?

Board footer