You are not logged in.

#1 2012-10-23 03:39:23

Sykan

JOGL2-GraphicsProgram ["Solved"]

Basically I built a small graphics program in JOGL on October 10, 2012 and me keeping up with the updates it seems I am no longer able to run the same program that i created. I included the pacman.log in my git repo under log along with the program and a small script to compile and run the program if you want to try it out yourself and see if you are getting the same error. What I am getting at the moment is the app starts up but the console just spits out "OpenGL Error:" with no description. I tried downgrading some of my drivers with no luck (As you can see in the log). Any help or expertise would be great! Thanks!

Few more details:
- I'm Running this on My Lenovo Tablet X220
- and i'm using openjdk6 6.b24_1.11.5-1

(Source Files only include X86 and not X32)
Source: https://github.com/Thesykan/Playgroud

and yes I'm aware that I spelled playground wrong tongue

Last edited by Sykan (2012-10-24 04:10:10)

#2 2012-10-23 21:05:41

Sykan

Re: JOGL2-GraphicsProgram ["Solved"]

Just for reference posted the same question to jogamp.org making some progress. He suggested that my mesa libraries may not working correctly.

Current versions:
local/intel-dri 9.0-1
    Mesa DRI drivers for Intel
local/libgl 9.0-1
    Mesa 3-D graphics library and DRI software rasterizer
local/libglapi 9.0-1
    free implementation of the GL API -- shared library. The Mesa GL API module is
    responsible for dispatching all the gl* functions
local/libgles 9.0-1
    Mesa GLES libraries and headers
local/mesa 9.0-1
    Mesa 3-D graphics libraries and include files

If i wanted to downgrade these I believe I would have to downgrade xorg-server as well is there a explanation on how to do this properly instead of just throwing in the R flag into pacman to ignore the dependencies?

Thanks!

#3 2012-10-24 04:08:45

Sykan

Re: JOGL2-GraphicsProgram ["Solved"]

Looks like there is already a bug report out so i'd just mark this as sudo "solved"

https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/31956

Board footer