You are not logged in.

#26 2012-10-26 06:59:03

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

Re: Python being changed to python2? 10/17/12

All I can remember, for the last couple of years anyway, is a note to remind people to rebuild their AUR packages.

I certainly don't recall an announcement about AUR packages themselves...

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#27 2012-10-27 22:15:13

Nico666

But this wouldn't be an announcement about an AUR package itself. It would be an announcement about a change related to the naming of a package from extra (Not about any AUR package itself, but with an effect in some AUR packages).

Anyway, I didn't want to start an argument about this. It was just my modest opinion about the relevance of this change. Anyone can think otherwise, and I just expressed my personal point of view, trying to be kind and polite. As I have mentioned before, I am respectful about the decisions of the developing team, and I am completely aware about how their knowledge might lead them to take decisions apparently non-optimal through my inexpert eyes.

I can notice that my suggestion has caused some unintended displeasure. Please accept my apologies if I expressed myself in an annoying way.

#28 2012-10-27 23:31:17

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Nico666 wrote:

But this wouldn't be an announcement about an AUR package itself. It would be an announcement about a change related to the naming of a package from extra (Not about any AUR package itself, but with an effect in some AUR packages).

The maintainer of the AUR package is expected to keep track by him/herself. Generally using arch-dev-public. Not all maintainers are totally in sync though (for example, if you use my packages you'll frequently not be able to update for a while because I use [testing], so they also rely on community members to post notes reminding the package maintainer (for example "needs rebuild due to new dependency").

Webpage announcements are sparser and implicitly assume that you know what you're doing concerning the AUR.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer