You are not logged in.

#26 2005-10-06 10:22:45

Gullible Jones

Re: wxMusik, madman or rhytmbox?

Lowe wrote:

If anyone finds something that just loads quickly, plays flac and i can browse my music by album please let me know. Thanks! Oh I tried gmusicbrowser damn it's fast but it doesn't have utf8 support which makes it useless to me, oh well!

MPD + client. Loads fast, plays flac, can sort by album. 8)

Unfortunately, it does not let you edit tags. :x

#27 2005-10-13 00:35:47

GogglesGuy
Website

Try my Goggles Music Manager (http://fifthplanet.net/gmm.html). It is fairly lightweight. It uses xine as a player backend and sqllite to store its data. No editing of tags supported though, and only ogg and mp3 are supported for playback. It's in AUR (musicmanager) or you can download the package itself (or source if you insist).

#28 2005-10-13 02:59:32

medicated

I was stuck on the xmms for a long time simply because it was what I was used to, but then a few months back I started using rhythmbox.  Just today I installed amarok and concluded I like it better than the rest.  Amarok is lot bit more bloated but it does what rhythmbox does plus all the functionality that I wish it had.  That make sense?  And on the other end of things..I also prefer mp3blaster for the command line.

#29 2005-10-13 14:39:06

mpie

GogglesGuy wrote:

Try my Goggles Music Manager (http://fifthplanet.net/gmm.html). It is fairly lightweight. It uses xine as a player backend and sqllite to store its data. No editing of tags supported though, and only ogg and mp3 are supported for playback. It's in AUR (musicmanager) or you can download the package itself (or source if you insist).

Hmm a fox front end for MPD would be light......

Board footer