You are not logged in.

#1 2005-10-07 09:21:03

cliff99

Dvico DVB-T Remote ?

I finally got the DVB-T card working but would like to get the IR remote working. I have followed  information on installing lircd etc and still no remote in fact might have brken the DVB-T playback in Kaffeine.

any ideas?

[/mod]

#2 2005-10-12 12:04:49

clarence

Re: Dvico DVB-T Remote ?

Hi cliff99, i managed to get my dvico mce-style remote working in gentoo using a custom patched version of lirc (I havent tried it in Arch yet). Does your remote look like this -> http://www.eyo.com.au/img/ups%2Ckvm%2Cu … remote.jpg

I'm having trouble getting my dvico card working in Arch. Could you help me out?  wink

fck art, lets dance.

#3 2005-10-12 13:12:46

Cam
Website

clarence wrote:

I'm having trouble getting my dvico card working in Arch. Could you help me out?  wink

Ditto, any pointers would be appreciated smile

#4 2005-10-13 14:31:56

clarence

Ahh silly me, forgot to specify one little module in my kernel config....

Cam: I got it working using the standard kernel-2.6.13.3 from kernel.org (requires no patching) making sure I built it with these options:

(As taken from here http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/~chrisp/Linux-DVB/DVICO/ )

1. DVB Support (Device Drivers >> Digital Video Broadcasting Devices >> DVB For Linux)
   2. the DVB core (DVB Core Support)
   3. the Video For Linux infrastructure (<< Video For Linux (1st option))
   4. bt8xx cards (Video For Linux (2nd option) >> BT848 Video For Linux)
   5. cx2388x cards (Conexant 2388x (bt878 successor) support)
   6. cx2388x cards DVB support (DVB Support for cx2388x based TV cards)
   7. bt878 cards DVB support (<< Digital Video Broadcasting Devices >> Nebula/Pinnacle PCTV/Twinhan PCI cards)

To get the remote recognised and half way to working enable support for hiddev in your kernel as well.
Add cx8800 to the MODULES line in rc.conf.

I also needed to add a group called video and add my user to it.

Best of luck  wink

If anyone is interested i've successfully built a custom patched lirc pkg that works with the Dvico mce-style remote... but getting xine-ui compiled with lirc support seems to be a bit tricky....

fck art, lets dance.

#5 2005-10-13 14:43:29

Cam
Website

Heh, I couldn't get the card to work but I have many different remotes that came with various hardware tidbits and I got xine and LIRC talking no drama wink

I didn't actually change anything because it seems that xine has LIRC support built in, but the Arch packager just doens't have it installed on their system. I used srcpac -Sb xine-ui (needs srcpac obviously, could be done with abs too) and me remote worked straight away smile

Also, did you compile your 2.6.13.3  kernel with gcc4? I tried to compile some of the updated DVB modules which I updated to 2.6.13-archck7 and it errored out on those modules. Took them out and it worked. I'll try with a vanilla kernel and see how I go but I don't think iphitus's patch would've messed with any of those files  :?

#6 2005-10-13 16:12:35

clarence

At the moment I'm trying to get xine-ui compiled from abs with gcc4....not good.
This is only my second day of using Arch (after using gentoo for 12 months), I haven't come across srcpak yet but i'll give it a go. I assume it's just a matter of pacman -S srcpak?

Yep it's a vanilla kernel compiled with gcc4 works ok for me, well, so far so good anyway wink

fck art, lets dance.

#7 2005-10-14 00:50:51

Cam
Website

It's srcpac and yeah, just pacman -S it. It's just a wrapper around pacman, srcpac -S does the same as pacman -S but srcpac -Sb will install the packages and any dependencies from source. Pretty neat and useful when you want to play around with configure options or compile something with/without specific support that differs from the official  package.

Board footer