after update to Gnome 3.6 few days ago

a)
shotwell is not importing folder which contain movie, just freez
I did think that next point will solve this problem, but NOT
any tip? thanks

b) this is solved
I am not able to play any movie by totem and there not thumbnails

I did find this https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=151864

I did install gst-libav and is working ...

Edit: No need to capitalize your thread title -- Inxsible

Last edited by Inxsible (2012-11-02 20:10:05)

#2 2012-11-01 13:09:39

jancici

Re: shotwell && movie thumbnails && gonme 3.6

when running shotwell from console I am geting this message during importing folder with movie

shotwell
No accelerated IMDCT transform found

(shotwell:1471): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: specified class size for type `GstCapsFilter' is smaller than the parent type's `GstBaseTransform' class size
(shotwell:1471): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_once_init_leave: assertion `result != 0' failed
(shotwell:1471): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_element_register: assertion `g_type_is_a (type, GST_TYPE_ELEMENT)' failed
(shotwell:1471): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: specified class size for type `GstGioBaseSink' is smaller than the parent type's `GstBaseSink' class size
(shotwell:1471): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_once_init_leave: assertion `result != 0' failed
(shotwell:1471): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_type_register_static: assertion `parent_type > 0' failed
(shotwell:1471): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_type_add_interface_static: assertion `G_TYPE_IS_INSTANTIATABLE (instance_type)' failed
(shotwell:1471): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_element_register: assertion `g_type_is_a (type, GST_TYPE_ELEMENT)' failed
(shotwell:1471): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: specified class size for type `GstGioBaseSrc' is smaller than the parent type's `GstBaseSrc' class size
(shotwell:1471): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_type_register_static: assertion `parent_type > 0' failed
(shotwell:1471): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_type_add_interface_static: assertion `G_TYPE_IS_INSTANTIATABLE (instance_type)' failed

#3 2012-11-02 20:08:26

jancici

any idea what shotwell is missing?

#4 2012-12-01 07:20:50

parijathakumar

I am also facing the same problem. Almost the same console messages too. I am using lxde.

#5 2012-12-01 07:33:23

parijathakumar

I've found a bug reported at http://redmine.yorba.org/issues/6062. There is a patch available too at http://redmine.yorba.org/issues/6055. Though it is for version 0.14, I think it may work for 0.13.x also, since we are also getting same problems. But I am just trying to figure out how to apply that patch !!!

No body else getting the same problems ? Probably one may only observe it only if they tried to import the videos&photos mixed folders very recently. I've installed a fresh arch three days back and tried to import on yesterday and thus observed it.

Last edited by parijathakumar (2012-12-01 07:48:29)

#6 2012-12-01 12:16:04

Dude-man

Yes I am having the same problem, moved all the video's, not a solution really, but pleased to see this thread and the patch.

There was a nother thread with this I think also https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=151927

#7 2012-12-01 14:05:17

parijathakumar

Hey ! Have u checked 'gThumb' ? The UI may not be as simple as that of 'Shotwell', but 'gThumb' has got some very good features which 'Shotwell', at the moment, does not have. From a mixed-folder containing videos and photos deeply located in sub-folders, I am able to separate all the video files into one folder and all the photos into another folder which is a very handy feature of 'gThumb'. 'Shotwell' can not do that at the moment. While doing so, 'gThumb' gives you the choice of deleting the source files after importing, arranging the extracted files into a single destination folder or into different folders according to dates in the format you choose, etc. Still there are many more features to explore, but I think one can safely replace 'Shotwell' with the new 'gThumb'. It's really good. Have a look at it. And by the way, it solves your present problem of importing in a more better way compared to 'Shotwell'.

Last edited by parijathakumar (2012-12-01 14:06:23)

#8 2012-12-02 06:48:10

Dude-man

Hey parijathakumar

Thats the conclusion I've come to with gthumb and shotwell, although I'm pressed to understand how the selections work in gthumb or easy ways to browse quickly all images in the library at the top level. I'm personally now using gthumb for the importing, for the reasons you mention. And Shotwell to view edit etc.

I did try rapid_photo_downloader, but it is hanging on importing, for perhaps simular reasons that shotwell, f-spot where for me ? Digikam was just too much, I was overwelmed by all the options and prefer Gimp for editing anyway.

Board footer