You are not logged in.

#1 2005-10-11 17:09:33

no4

problem with playlists in amaroK

Hi!

I have a new version of amaroK (1.3.2) installed after the big upgrade and my problem is that I can't save any playlist to the amarok's menu of playlists. They're there just until next restart of amarok - if I turn it off and then on, the playlists are gone (from the menu).

I've tried to add them by right-clicking on the "Playlists" item in the menu and then selecting "Add Playlist..."  from the pop-up menu and also I've tried to create a new playlist.

My playlists are in <i>$HOME/.kde/share/apps/amarok/playlists/</i>, what is, I think, default path for playlists, so it should load it automatically. Also the new playlist is there.

Permissions are all right.

With a high probability it's a problem beetween keyboard and a chair, because here's (in the  Forums) nothing about it. Thanks for any answer.

Thank you free software developers for sharing your work.

#2 2005-10-11 17:23:26

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

Re: problem with playlists in amaroK

Have you tried running amarok from a terminal? If not, try it. It will print the error messages, if any, to the terminal.

#3 2005-10-11 18:18:05

no4

there are these errors (several times):

amarok: [CollectionDB] [ERROR!] [virtual QStringList SqliteConnection::query(const QString&)]  sqlite3_compile error:
amarok: [CollectionDB] [ERROR!] no such table: directories
amarok: [CollectionDB] [ERROR!] on query: SELECT dir, changedate FROM directories;
amarok: [void CollectionDB::createTables(DbConnection*)]
amarok: [CollectionDB] [ERROR!] [virtual QStringList SqliteConnection::query(const QString&)]  sqlite3_compile error:
amarok: [CollectionDB] [ERROR!] table amazon already exists
amarok: [CollectionDB] [ERROR!] on query: CREATE TABLE amazon ( asin VARCHAR(20), locale VARCHAR(2), filename VARCHAR(33), refetchdate INTEGER );
amarok: [CollectionDB] [ERROR!] [virtual int SqliteConnection::insert(const QString&, const QString&)]  sqlite3_compile error:
amarok: [CollectionDB] [ERROR!] no such table: directories
amarok: [CollectionDB] [ERROR!] on insert: INSERT INTO directories SELECT * FROM directories_temp;
QDom: saving invalid character , the document will not be well-formed

and when I try to create a playlist it looks normal:

amarok: [PlaylistBrowser] Creating playlist
amarok: [PlaylistBrowser] Saving Playlist to: /home/matej/.kde/share/apps/amarok/playlists/Untitled.m3u
amarok: Loading playlist
amarok: [ThreadWeaver] Job completed: PlaylistReader. Jobs pending: 0

and also load one:

amarok: Loading playlist
amarok: [ThreadWeaver] Job completed: PlaylistReader. Jobs pending: 0

There are also some errors of GUI (QT, KDE), but these are I think a little bit off-topic.

#4 2005-10-11 21:57:22

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

It looks like errors concerning the sqlite database backend. I can't help you more.  Maybe someone else using amarok will know the answer.  It could be a problem with amarok itself. BTW, is your system  up-to-date?

#5 2005-10-12 09:09:03

no4

Yes it is.

#6 2005-10-12 09:11:40

no4

Thanks for your time.
Yes it is.

#7 2005-10-12 09:47:09

mpie

same issue happen with eclaiir from e17, if you you another media player that usues sqlite then the db already exists and amarok cannot create it as it exists...

maybe the answer would be to have a central media-files db with an access group and to have the different media players access the same one as opposed to trying to create a replacement one...

not sure how to do this tho..

#8 2005-10-15 16:03:25

no4

As I wrote in the beginning, it was a problem beetween keyboard and a chair: I forgot to install <i>amarok-base-mysqlfree</i> big_smile

Board footer