You are not logged in.

#1 2012-11-01 14:11:49

LulzMoney

Issue with GConf and Gnome3

So I am trying to install GNOME and during the installation process I am getting the following message for a few of the packages (gnome-shell, gnome-terminal, gnome-panel, gnome-keyring)

GConf-WARNING **: Client failed to connect to the D-BUS daemon:
/usr/bin/dbus-launch terminated abnormally with the following error: No protocol specified
Autolaunch error: X11 initialization failed.

Earlier in the install I also got this on the gnome-control-center package

warning: directory permissions differ on usr/share/polkit-1/rules.d/
filesystem: 700  package: 755

I am not sure if this is relevant but I did migrate some services to systemd earlier. I have installed gnome in the past but I have never come across this before. Any thoughts? If  there is other information that I need to be helpful please let me know. Thank's in advance.

#2 2012-11-01 14:20:57

LulzMoney

Re: Issue with GConf and Gnome3

One more quick thing I am able to use GNOME in failsafe mode. I installed Cinnamon and it just crashes on me. I'm aware it's not officially supported but I wanted to try it.

#3 2012-11-02 19:50:50

isacdaavid
Website

We are in the same boat dude. This post may help:
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=151914

#4 2012-11-03 05:07:44

cleger

Got the same thing when upgrading gconf and gconf-editor. This was after switching to mixed systemd/initscripts configuration; I'd guess that might somehow have something to do with it as this didn't use to happen before. I tried running "xhost +" and then reinstalling those packages and that worked. I'm wondering what changed that made this necessary though.

Board footer