You are not logged in.

#1 2005-10-14 00:57:27

Cam
Website

nexuiz sound

Anyone know how to fix choppy sound in Nexuiz? I got it when it was first released but I found a thread that explained how to fix it in the official forum. I've been using my old package for ages now but yesterday I updated to the one in AUR and the choppy sound is back. I can't find the thread in the nexuiz forums I saw ages ago, anyone know how to fix it? I don't have the problem in the SDL version, only GLX but the SDL one doesn't feel right to play, not as responsive to the keyboard.

Any ideas would be appreciated, I forgot how much nexuiz could be if you find a decent net server but sound is always a plus big_smile

#2 2005-10-16 12:56:28

Kern

Re: nexuiz sound

i ran nexuiz very well, with a few graphics options turned down. the sdl one gave me sound and a good framerate. since a recent system update sdl is at a ludicrously low framerate but with ok sound. glx is unplayable due to poor sound, and the framerate is still very low. what happened i dont know sad

not sure if its me but other stuff seems a tad glitchy now too.

pls post back if you get any sort of resolution. thanks

#3 2005-10-16 13:28:33

Cam
Website

it's not a low framerate that is causing the problem in the SDL version, it just feels funny to play. Like my keyboard is lagging about 0.5 seconds. It's still playable but it's enough to notice and annoy me sad

#4 2005-10-16 15:17:28

deficite

I found Nexuiz to be unplayable myself. The network code is horrible. The game is there, it's just that most people don't like being thrown around by bad network code.

That could be what is giving the messed up sound. Nexuiz: high fps, low latency, HIGH ANNOYANCE.

#5 2005-10-17 19:32:42

Kern

just done a full system update. issues cured. sound ok, framerate ok. take care you read up on Migrating from devfs to udev if you havent already done such.

think my problems, including the Nex ones,  were caused by system conflicts due to partial updates across the system.

Board footer