You are not logged in.

#1 2012-11-05 16:58:08

epinephrine

[SOLVED][Gnome 3.6] notification / notify bug - ONLY icons are shown

Hi,

since the upgrade from gnome 3.4 to 3.6, the notify notifications at the bottom only show the icon associated to the notification, and nothing else (the background/text just my browser showing some text from an arch wiki site...) :
FjnPbwlo
The screenshot shows the USB icon that pops up when I plug-in a USB device. All the text, background and the frame is missing, only the icon is shown. Typing

notify-send 'Hello world!' 'This is an example notification.' --icon=dialog-information

in the shell also only shows the icon (a bulb) and nothing else. I don't know if this could be related, but I have the infinality patched truetype rendering library installed. However, infinality was already in use when running gnome 3.4...

Last edited by epinephrine (2012-11-09 20:22:42)

#2 2012-11-06 17:23:00

epinephrine

Re: [SOLVED][Gnome 3.6] notification / notify bug - ONLY icons are shown

I narrowed the problem down to the User Themes Gnome Shell Extension. I use the zukitwo theme. When it's disabled, notifications work normally. Seems that this theme needs to be updated...

#3 2012-11-09 19:46:04

oboedad55

Re: [SOLVED][Gnome 3.6] notification / notify bug - ONLY icons are shown

epinephrine wrote:

I narrowed the problem down to the User Themes Gnome Shell Extension. I use the zukitwo theme. When it's disabled, notifications work normally. Seems that this theme needs to be updated...

Hi epinephrine, thanks for your post. I thought that Gnome 3.6 had some kind of weird new notification system I hadn't figured out yet, but it turned out to be the Atolm shell theme I was using. Would you please mark this as "solved" so anyone searching for this will see it?

Registered Linux user #436067

Board footer