You are not logged in.

#1 2012-11-12 05:08:21

dxxvi

[Solved] Does anybody know what basic/common theme that I might miss?

If I switch to a different theme than the default, the title bar looks like this
I had this problem in the past and the reason was that I missed some basic package, but now I don't remember which package it was. Does anybody know?

Thanks.

-- mod edit: read the Forum Etiquette and only post thumbnails http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/For … s_and_Code [jwr] --

Solution: it's a known bug of gnome 3.6 which is that all the themes must be under /usr/share/themes.

Last edited by dxxvi (2012-12-15 03:55:59)

#2 2012-11-12 05:22:02

mamamia88

Re: [Solved] Does anybody know what basic/common theme that I might miss?

Not sure what you are asking could you be more specific?    Anyway theming only really effects aesthetics so you wouldn't really miss anything by applying a theme

#3 2012-11-12 06:09:28

WonderWoofy

You may also want to read the forum etiquette about common sense posting.

#4 2012-11-12 12:40:33

dxxvi

WonderWoofy wrote:

You may also want to read the forum etiquette about common sense posting.

Really sorry. I'll post thumb nails next times.

mamamia88 wrote:

Not sure what you are asking could you be more specific?    Anyway theming only really effects aesthetics so you wouldn't really miss anything by applying a theme

What I meant was the themes that I tried extend some basic theme which is in some package. So when that package is missing, that's how it looks.

#5 2012-11-12 12:43:43

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

WonderfulWoofy may have also been responding to your title.  As it is the question in your title is very easy to answer: You are missing a useful title.

An informative title is a courtesy to your readers.  It also ensures you will get the attention of those who can actually help rather than just getting the attention of those who want to gripe about your bad title (eg me ... like a moth to a flame).

Last edited by Trilby (2012-11-12 12:43:57)

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#6 2012-11-12 13:58:30

DSpider

I'm not very fond of GNOME 3, so I don't use it myself... but that looks like a fallback theme to me. It probably only uses the theme's colour scheme, but for the style (or whatever it's called), you probably need to install the required engine. Maybe see the GNOME wiki page? I'm sure there's something useful in there.

"How to Succeed with Linux"

I have made a personal commitment not to reply in topics that start with a lowercase letter. Proper grammar and punctuation is a sign of respect, and if you do not show any, you will NOT receive any help (at least not from me).

#7 2012-11-12 14:26:19

Unia
Website

Somewhere on these boards I read that whilst GTK themes still go in ~/.themes, the new Mutter wants its themes in ~/.local/share/ somewhere.

I'd investigate on that.

If you can't sit by a cozy fire with your code in hand enjoying its simplicity and clarity, it needs more work. --Carlos Torres

#8 2012-11-12 17:06:44

Jristz

I not se any abnormal
the bad theming in themes is spected due to the ABI change intentionaly that gnome dev make for every gtk 3.x release

themes designed for gnome 3.0 may look bad in high versions and soo

Well, I suppose that this is somekind of signature, no?

Board footer