You are not logged in.

#1 2012-11-19 02:47:13

sergio2012

general information about Arch

Hi all,

I hope it will be the good discussion for that... I'm a student of a MSc in "libre software" and I'm doing a report about ArchLinux. But I need some help in order to complete the information I'm looking for. Somebody could help me, please? The main questions that I would like to answer are:

1. How is the Arch organization project? Is a pyramidal organization? Who takes the decisions for new implementations and others? It is only the leader or may it has a member assembly?
2. Each sub-project has a leader or just a Thrust User?
3. Which is the way to became a member? It just consists in creating an account? Or may be you have a kind of test period in order to test the new member and evaluate if his qualities are good for the sub-project?
4. Which license is used to distributed Arch? Ok for individual packages but what about Arch distro?
5. Has members any kind of privileges for access to official repositories?

Thanks a lot for your help. Anyway I think it would be a good idea to insert all these information on the Wiki, other people could be interested in wink

See you

#2 2012-11-19 02:54:06

andjeng

Re: general information about Arch

mail list & wiki. smile
3. just use arch linux. tongue
5. trusted user dan developer.

just looking around. wink

#3 2012-11-19 03:24:06

sergio2012

Thanks for this quick answer but not enough sad . May be and administrator or a TU could give us more details??

See u

#4 2012-11-19 06:03:17

andjeng

as far as i know,
1. i dunno. sad
2. afaik, there's no such thing about sub project. (except, pacman and others arch-specific software)
3. afaik, creating an forum account  (or two maybe tongue ), and use it. smile so you've become a member of arch linux community. (dont forget too use arch linux smile )
4. i dunno.
5. developers and TU's has public key and they have privilege to add their key to the official repositories.
and, correct me if i wrong. tongue

just looking around. wink

#5 2012-11-19 06:06:46

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

I am closing this thread.

You can request a re-open (use the 'Report' button) AFTER you've browsed the website and wiki to answer some of the simpler questions you have. If you're not willing to undertake that small amount of effort in order to complete your OWN assignment/homework, you do not deserve help (or a pass, if I was your lecturer).

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer