You are not logged in.

#1 2005-10-22 11:19:30

lotho
Website

Config files question

Hi,

at the moment I'm working to make a package for the vdr. It's a program for watching TV over an tv card. It also can record tv and is very extendable with plugins.
Ok, so my problem is it needs for storing the records it's own directory which is /video. But in /video there are also stored the config files. But the Arch Package Guidelines say that all config files should stored under /etc. So my question is now, can they stay in /video or should they be moved to /etc/vdr/ ?

lotho

#2 2005-10-22 11:55:58

tomk
Forum Fellow

Re: Config files question

Stick with the guidelines, I'd say. If there's an initscript, put the -c <config dir> flag in there - otherwise, use an install script to inform the user of it. Maybe both, actually, to make sure.

In the longer term, it might be worth logging a request with the developers to use a /etc subdirectory - the way they're doing it at the moment is a bit unusual, IME.

#3 2005-10-22 12:11:14

Flasher

Re: Config files question

@ lotho

Schön dich hier zu sehen  smile
Du hast ja schonmal erwähnt, dass du mir die pkgbuilds schickst. Ich würde mir sie gerne einmal anschauen (am besten das Startscript auch)

Ich hinterlasse jetzt einfach mal unauffällig meine Mail-Addy: Flasher@bayern-mail.de

Danke dir schonmal im voraus!

Gruß,

Flasher

Board footer