You are not logged in.

#1 2012-11-24 21:32:50

hustletrees

boot hangs after mounting drives

Earlier today I turned my laptop off and recently turned it on to discover that during boot it mounts /home, swap, etc. and then hangs. No text, just a blank line beneath the mounting lines and nothing thereafter. I didn't install any updates on pacman, etc. between the last time I started my laptop and now so I'm unsure as to how this may have happened. Given it never boots I can't check logs, etc. to see what if anything is coming up. Any help or insights would be appreciated.

while you home relaxed I'm squeezin Macs bustin off caps those coward cats with gold and platinum plaques get taxed and i do jooks and sling pies to make cream rise it's all about these green guys front and your whole team dies how i'm livin? so far swell you can't scar L head of the cartel sellin more cakes than Carvel

#2 2012-11-25 02:59:21

cfr

Re: boot hangs after mounting drives

Of course you can check the logs - boot into a live environment and examine them from there.

How long did you wait? (I think you need to wait at least 5 minutes - might even be 10 but I think 5 - to be sure.)

CLI Paste | How To Ask Questions

Arch Linux | x86_64 | GPT | EFI boot | refind | stub loader | systemd | LVM2 on LUKS
Lenovo x270 | Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz | Intel Wireless 8265/8275 | US keyboard w/ Euro | 512G NVMe INTEL SSDPEKKF512G7L

Board footer