You are not logged in.

#1 2012-11-21 03:22:55

file managers after unmount/eject, Not authorized to perform operation

Hi,

Using openbox (+dbus).
Filemanagers: pcmanfm, thunar, etc. ...

I've been playing with the PolicyKit rules/actions for few past days.
At first, fighting with the "Not authorized" messages, when tried to mount e.g. an USB drive.
Have solved that using this: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pc … USB_drives

Anyway, filemanagers are still screaming the "Not authorized to perform operation" message when I try to unmount & eject the drive.
Have checked in the /var/log logs, like messages.log or everything.log , and it seems, that the drive has been unmounted properly:
{
localhost udisksd[9572]: Cleaning up mount point /run/media/USERNAME/USBDRIVE (device 8:17 is not mounted)
localhost udisksd[9572]: Unmounted /dev/sdb1 on behalf of uid 1000
}
But the "Not authorized" message is present each time I select "eject removable media" from the context menu.
No matter which file manager I use, mostly checked with pcmanfm, thunar , and both have the same ending, drive is properly unmounted according to logs, but the "Not authorized" message still appears.

I've tested several of another possible PolicyKit actions available for the drives ('pkaction | grep disk' to get the list of such possible actions), like additional eject or modify into the polkit .pkla file in the /etc , but non of these helped.
I'm curious, like what is still causing this "Not authorized" message to appear, and how to fix/get rid of it?
thx

Logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

#2 2012-11-21 03:47:25

anonymous_user

Re: file managers after unmount/eject, Not authorized to perform operation

Are you booting with systemd? Do you have polkit installed?

#3 2012-11-21 14:18:37

no, not with systemd yet, still with old initscripts.
polkit yes, is installed.

Logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

#4 2012-11-21 16:47:59

anonymous_user

You need to switch to systemd to get the right permissions. The polkit rules no longer work with ConsoleKit afaik. Also see:

https://www.archlinux.org/news/consolek … by-logind/

#5 2012-11-21 18:17:35

ah, somehow I missed that part.
thanks for this hint.

#6 2012-11-25 17:23:20

anonymous_user wrote:

You need to switch to systemd to get the right permissions. The polkit rules no longer work with ConsoleKit afaik. Also see:

https://www.archlinux.org/news/consolek … by-logind/

have just migrated into systemd, and it helped precisely as you've said.
thx once again.

Board footer