You are not logged in.

#1 2005-10-23 07:45:44

sven

[SOLVED] trying to migrate udev and having raid=big problem!

I have all my partitions in raid-1 like this:

/dev/md1 - /
/dev/md5 - /usr
/dev/md6 - /home
. . .

I have raid support compiled in to kernel.

Now after I tried to start using udev, I'll always get "Warning: unable to open an initial console." and then "Kernel panic - not syncing: No init found. Try passing init= option to kernel."

This far I have tried to use kernel that has devfs disabled and all the other needed options enabled at pseudo file systems (from Arch  2.6.13.4 config file). Arch 0.7 boot cd does not have any raid stuff ready so I found Insert 1.3.5a rescue CD that had raid support. From there I could chroot into my mds.

I tried to create the console and null nods with mknod to /dev, I tried to pass the devfs=nomount to kernel, I tried different kernels... No matter what I still get that "No init found" error  sad

How could I get back to good old devfs or get that udev to run on my configuration?

#2 2005-10-27 08:59:42

sven

Re: [SOLVED] trying to migrate udev and having raid=big problem!

I feel very uncertain with updates now - I want my computers to be safe and update regulrarly but I also want to have all my partitions to be in raid-1, even / one. Are these updates only udev compatible now? initscripts-0.7.1-1 file-4.16-1 filesystem-0.7.1-2

#3 2005-10-29 13:01:08

sven

Re: [SOLVED] trying to migrate udev and having raid=big problem!

Success finally big_smile The udev had changed my md? numbering - I had md1 for root, but then tried to put to Grub's menu.lst the one Insert boot cd showed - md0 for root= and it worked!

Board footer