You are not logged in.

#1 2012-11-28 18:08:04

alphaniner

[Solved] Where does e get set? [python]

I know just enough python to be a danger to myself and others.  I have an issue on XenServer which I've tracked down to a function in a python script.  I've uploaded the entire function to pastebin fwiw, but the bit that I'm particularly interested in is:

if str(e) == 'ISCSI login failed, verify CHAP credentials':
                                raise
                            else:
                                pass

I want to find where, how, and why 'e' gets set to that string.  But I can't find that string in any .py file on the entire system (aside from this one).

Last edited by alphaniner (2012-11-28 19:37:20)

But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist.
-Lysander Spooner

#2 2012-11-28 18:15:20

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: [Solved] Where does e get set? [python]

It looks like that is a potential error string from the iscsilib.login function.  I know nothing of this function - but there is no reason to assume that it would be implemented (entirely) in python.  So that string could be burried in some shared library somewhere.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#3 2012-11-28 19:37:03

alphaniner

Re: [Solved] Where does e get set? [python]

Right you are.  That function eventually led me to an xml file with all the errors.  Thanks.

But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist.
-Lysander Spooner

Board footer