You are not logged in.

#26 2012-11-28 15:35:27

drcouzelis
Website

Re: New filesystem upgrade replaces fstab

This specific "pacnew" situation was a little confusing, simply because it's been so long since I've made any changes to my fstab file that I've completely forgotten that an empty fstab file wasn't the default before. tongue

rene wrote:

pacman has this nifty "pacman -Qc" feature to show a package changelog.

You just blew my mind. yikes

#27 2012-11-28 16:49:00

Jristz

drcouzelis wrote:

This specific "pacnew" situation was a little confusing, simply because it's been so long since I've made any changes to my fstab file that I've completely forgotten that an empty fstab file wasn't the default before. tongue

rene wrote:

pacman has this nifty "pacman -Qc" feature to show a package changelog.

You just blew my mind. yikes

An in a 700 packages only 2 use the Changelog, and Linux neither filesystem are ...

Really dev need provide changelog for base packages, I sure that is more user know this option and more dev/TU use it, les headaches an themes like this can exist

Well, I suppose that this is somekind of signature, no?

#28 2012-11-28 21:28:16

root

So if I understand this update correctly what Scimmia points out in #8 is the way to go or what other considerations one has to bear in mind with regard to this update?

I installed my system when the old AIF was still active using the auto partition option. The only change I have made to my fstab was when I noticed that my installation had set for all partitions the fsck option to 1 (not including swap) and set the non-root ones to 2.

\(o_X)/
                        'Cause I wanna be an Archy - An Archy in the UK // Sex Pistols

#29 2012-12-01 08:11:45

root

Could someone please confirm what Jristz asked for in #24? buri's answer is a bit unclear to me sad

Therefore inn order to set a specific size for the /tmp on the hdd

a) one should keep the /tmp entry in fstab but specify the size in tmp.mount (I presume in personalized unit file in /etc/systemd/system)

b) one does not need to keep the /tmp entry in fstab as it is still redundant and everything should be dealt with through the personalized tmp.mount file (/tmp mounting and size).

Thanks in advance.

\(o_X)/

#30 2012-12-03 20:50:17

root

As far as I can tell option b) is working fine so far in my case.

\(o_X)/

#31 2012-12-03 21:04:51

loafer

root wrote:

As far as I can tell option b) is working fine so far in my case.

By far the best thing to do in these scenarios is to test the various options oneself in order to find the best one for you.

All men have stood for freedom...
For freedom is the man that will turn the world upside down.
Gerrard Winstanley.

#32 2012-12-03 21:21:33

root

@loafer

The thing is that, at least in my case, with some things one can feel more comfortable tweaking around than with regard to others (core system related f.e. fstab).

Still I am willing to think that the results of my test will help people to have a (more detailed) clue concerning the recent fstab update.

\(o_X)/

Board footer