You are not logged in.

#1 2012-11-30 09:28:12

Cromulent
Website

Irritating problem with Fluxbox and pressing Ctrl + F3

I've used the Ctrl + F1, F2, F3 or F4 keys to switch between workspaces in Fluxbox but occasionally I'll press Ctrl + F3 and it will just log me out. This is highly annoying. Is there some way I can disable this functionality at all? I switch between workspaces regularly and it is highly annoying to have to reopen everything again after being logged out and it means I lose my train of thought with my work.

Can anyone offer a solution to this problem at all? Thanks.

Last edited by Cromulent (2012-11-30 22:58:50)

#2 2012-11-30 12:49:09

blacktav

Re: Irritating problem with Fluxbox and pressing Ctrl + F3

Could it be that one of your applications has Ctrl-F3 configured as a short-cut to "log out"?

If it is still happening, try and notice which application is active when it happens then check that application's setup

Mack

#3 2012-11-30 13:47:14

Cromulent
Website

It just happened again when I was using Spotify.

I had the following apps open:

Chromium - Workspace 1
Thunderbird - Workspace 2
KVirc - Workspace 3
Spotify - Workspace 4

When in Workspace 4 I pressed Ctrl + F3 as normal and it logged me out. So I logged back in and opened Spotify in Workspace 4 again and tried to get it to log out again and no matter what combination of keys and Workspace changes I did I couldn't get it to log me out again. I'm stumped.

Edit: I think the problem is KVirc. Everytime I use it this happens. I'll see if it happens again without it running for a couple of days (it just happened when using the arrows on the tool bar as well so it has nothing to do with the key combination). It would be annoying if this was the case as I quite like KVirc as a my IRC client.

Edit 2: Switched over to XChat. Will see if the problem persists.

Last edited by Cromulent (2012-11-30 14:10:55)

#4 2012-12-01 19:11:20

Cromulent
Website

Since getting rid of KVirc this problem no longer occurs. Unfortunately now I have to use Xchat which is rubbish.

#5 2012-12-01 19:48:50

bgc1954

Cromulent wrote:

Since getting rid of KVirc this problem no longer occurs. Unfortunately now I have to use Xchat which is rubbish.

Actually, you could go old-school like many other archers and use irssi in a terminal, https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Irssi , but perhaps you prefer a gui app.

Last edited by bgc1954 (2012-12-01 19:50:53)

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz

#6 2012-12-01 19:54:41

Cromulent
Website

bgc1954 wrote:
Cromulent wrote:

Actually, you could go old-school like many other archers and use irssi in a terminal, https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Irssi , but perhaps you prefer a gui app.

I've used weechat before when I wanted a CLI IRC app but frankly when it comes to IRC I just want the convenience of a GUI.

Maybe I'll look into it again at some point. At the moment though I'll just be happy to be able to use IRC at all.

Board footer