You are not logged in.

#1 2012-11-30 15:16:35

theta

Microphone not working in Firefox Flash Applets

I have Arch 3.6.6-1. I am trying to use my laptop microphone on a website with flash content. The sound on my system is configured using pulseaudio (Version 2.1).
Specifically  at www.duolingo.com, where I'm unable to access any settings or set any permissions with regards to access to microphone device.
I am able to use arecord to record a sample from the microphone and replay it. I am also able to use my microphone on gtalk through gmail where the settings state that it is recording from "Built in Analog Audio". The same show up on pavucontrol in the Recording section when active.
Whereas on duolingo, when the flash recording applet loads up, no recording stream is shown in pavucontrol.
I believe I'm missing some configuration here, which I have been unable to find after multiple google searches.
Please advice.

#2 2012-11-30 16:33:04

Dude-man

Re: Microphone not working in Firefox Flash Applets

Do you have sound working in firefox ? It might be connected with that if you don't. I had to follow the pulse audio wiki pages to get it to work for me.

#3 2012-11-30 17:26:37

theta

Re: Microphone not working in Firefox Flash Applets

Yeah as I mentioned sound is working in firefox. The microphone is also working as far as gmail chat is concerned.
But the microphone is not detected for flash websites.

Board footer