· DO NOT post full resolution screenshots! You can use the "mogrify" command (pacman -S imagemagick) to make a thumbnail of your screenshot:
$ convert -resize 250x250 screenie.png thumb-screenie.png
Sizes Twenty percent of the original size is great for 1024x768 screenies. For bigger sizes (and especially for multi-monitor setups), we ask you to keep in mind not everyone uses broadband, and use an even smaller size (10% of a Full HD setup will still be 192x180, for example). NOTE: Anything wider than 250px or over 50Kb in size will be removed.
You can then upload these images to your server and use the following code to show them on the forum:
*Thanks to Thayer for the screenie (more...)
· Several websites offer free image hosting.
Use the "thumbnail for forums" link code that is supplied by the image host to post your thumbnail link.
· Once the new month begins please do not post new screenies in the old threads.
· If the screenshot has questionable material that might not be safe to view while at work or in a school setting, please post only a link and not a thumbnail, along with a mention of "Not Safe for Work". Posts that do not adhere to this are subject to deletion without notice at any time.
· Please try to include any links to your wallpaper or configs that you may have and/or the names of your icon theme, running apps, DE, etc. in the same post to reduce unnecessary clutter later.
***** Your screenshot will be replaced by a reminder if you do not follow these guidelines *****
* As a simple way to include information about your setup in the screenshot, you can use a tool like Archey, screenfetch or screenfo (all in AUR) to print out details about your window manager, font, shell etc., with a very attractive ASCII Arch logo...
miro(dark) color scheme and very basic fvwm (after 2 years usage of evilwm).
DesktopSize 4x2 EdgeThickness 0 DestroyFunc StartFunction AddToFunc StartFunction + I Module FvwmPager * DestroyFunc Click1 AddToFunc Click1 + I Raise + M Move DestroyFunc Click2 AddToFunc Click2 + I Lower DestroyFunc Click3 AddToFunc Click3 + M Resize Mouse 1 W M Click1 Mouse 2 W M Click2 Mouse 3 W M Click3 Key Return A CM Exec urxvt Key Delete W CM Close Key Insert W CM RaiseLower Key Tab A M WindowList Root c c Key BackSpace A CM Restart Key x W CM Maximize Key 1 A CM GotoPage 0 0 Key 2 A CM GotoPage 1 0 Key 3 A CM GotoPage 2 0 Style * !Title, !Handles, !Borders, !Icon Style * PositionPlacement UnderMouse, SloppyFocus Style Fvwm* !Iconifiable, NeverFocus, CirculateSkip, WindowListSkip Style Fvwm* Sticky, StaysOnBottom, FixedPosition, FixedSize DestroyModuleConfig FvwmPager: * *FvwmPager: Geometry -0-0 *FvwmPager: Font none *FvwmPager: SmallFont 5x7 *FvwmPager: WindowLabelFormat %c *FvwmPager: MiniIcons *FvwmPager: UseSkipList
@w0ng, really nice .Xresources colors, using them as default now, thanks.
Hey everyone. Finally got something that feels worth showing off! Info is in the dotfile repo in my sig.
Also, Shunryuu, what's that music player in your second shot?
What is your ls options for having the elapsed time since last modification of a file? (It's on the bottom left corner of the screen)
GSL Season Finals Live (fake: I actually watch it fullscreen)
Dina and Ubuntu Fonts
Conkeror web browser
Last edited by scottjad (2012-12-02 03:40:50)
I will try your conkeror stylesheet!!
Cult Classic Dwm!!!
Ratpoison-git, LxpanelX, Conkeror + Dark-theme by @scottjad , Mocp ,Thunar
Last edited by ivoarch (2012-12-02 11:17:35)
Okay, my desktop changed, I switched over to a darker theme I just created. It's xfce with a background Interfacelift.com
@scottfail, what font is that? What's up, you weasly, theiving bastard. (inside joke) Sorry, I couldn't resist. Good to see you. Scott is the creator of the lovely Tamsyn Font, if you didn't know. Nice shot, btw!