You are not logged in.

#1 2012-12-05 09:39:11

_jumi_

Kontact freezes after clicking 'Summary' icon

Hi

I found the following bug using Kontact but could not find a solution to it. I wonder if anyone else has the same issue.

When I run Kontact I get the following error after clicking the "Summary" icon in the top left corner. The application freezes totally and indefinitely. Nothing else is output after this and the window remains open but unresponsive.

------------
kontact(4795)/kdeui (kdelibs): No such XML file "/home/__username__/.kde4/share/apps/kontact/default-.rc"
------------

I checked and -- of course -- the file is not there. I wonder why it isn't. If someone could provide me with a working xml file I could put into that directory, it would be appreciated.

I also get this when I run the application but I also get it running Amarok for instance and Amarok works fine, so I think it's probably got nothing to do with this freeze.

-----------
QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.
QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/50-user.conf", line 9: reading configurations from ~/.fonts.conf is deprecated.
kontact(4795)/kdecore (KConfigSkeleton) KCoreConfigSkeleton::writeConfig:
-----------

----------
$ uname -r
3.6.8-1-ARCH
----------

$ pacman -Q kdepim-kontact
kdepim-kontact 4.9.3-1

$ pacman -Q kdebase-lib
kdebase-lib 4.9.3-1
---------

It's not a very big issue because i really don't need the Summary view. It's just slightly annoying... If it turns out that this is a bug that affects someone else but me, I'd be happy to do what I can  to fix it: I'm not a  c++ programmer, but I can provide information if needed.

_jumi_

Board footer