You are not logged in.

#1 2012-12-05 14:43:01

Henry78

[solved] gnome-shell: keyboard only working in overview

I'm stuck at solving this issue, please let me know if you know how to track this down.
After an update/reboot the keyboard stopped working in gnome-shell. It's working fine on the terminal (posted from elinks ; ).
Mouse works in the shell, and I'm able to switch to the shortcut configuration menu and assign shortcuts. AND the keyboard is working if the overview is triggered. But no keyboard at all in any application, nor the password requests from keyring and the shortcuts aren't working.
I already disabled all plugins and searched the session log, nothing so far. Today's update included quite some packages, but nothing suspicious (will post the list if needed).
I'm still able to activate the overview and start looking glass via alt+f2 "r".
So, I told you. I'm stuck. I appreciate any comments.

[edit] on screen keyboard behaves the same as the physical, not working but in overview.
[edit2] the cursor in applications like gnome-terminal blinks on every keypress. but no letter appears and the cursor doesn't move. Just blink. Funny.

Last edited by Henry78 (2012-12-05 21:43:09)

#2 2012-12-05 16:39:47

Pajaro

Re: [solved] gnome-shell: keyboard only working in overview

i believe that gnome people think that the keyboard, with so many buttons, is too complex, so they disable it. use on screen keyboard instead, the mouse with just two buttons is simple enough. lol

#3 2012-12-05 21:44:33

Henry78

Re: [solved] gnome-shell: keyboard only working in overview

I added xbindkeys (like to have to pipe on caps lock) to startup processes in gnome-session-properties.

Board footer