You are not logged in.

#1 2012-12-05 08:32:35

Barghest

Everpad

Hi,

currently I'm using nixnote and stumbled upon the news, that an alternative client for Evernote - called Everpad - now integrates with KDE, to be more precise: with KRunner (source).

In the Everpad wiki there is a how to for other linux distributions than Ubuntu where it says:

You need to install alternatives for ubuntu packages:

python-pyside.qtcore ,python-pyside.qtgui, python-dbus, python-beautifulsoup, sni-qt, python-pysqlite2,
python-keyring, python-support, python-sqlalchemy, python-oauth2, python-unity-singlet, python-magic,
python-pyside.qtwebkit, python-html2text, gtk2-engines-pixbuf

Some of these packages are available in the Arch repos or the AUR, but others aren't (e.g. python-unity-singlet).

My question is, if anyone made Everpad run under Arch or has an idea if there's a way to replace the missing packages?

Thanks!

#2 2012-12-05 08:36:11

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: Everpad

For those that aren't, you should search for their upstream and package their stuff as well. Pretty sure things like python-unity-singlet may very well be only useful to a small number of packages, if no one has made PKGBUILDs for those they wouldn't have for these dependencies either.

Anyway, just DIY? Don't forget to upload PKGBUILDs to the AUR if it works. You could refer to the gentoo ebuilds (I found one for python-unity-singlet anyway).

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#3 2012-12-05 08:45:05

Barghest

ngoonee wrote:

Anyway, just DIY? Don't forget to upload PKGBUILDs to the AUR if it works.

That would be the next step if no one already has some lying around on his hard drive - that's why I asked first.

Kinda excited to contribute my first PKGBUILDs to the AUR if it works smile Maybe I got some spare time this evening.

#4 2012-12-05 10:47:55

thepasto

Currently i got it running on gnome.
python-unity-singlet seems to be not required to use it.
I can't write a PKGBUILD file beacuse of my python noobyness smile

>>moderator edit: Removed large image. Read Forum Etiquette: Pasting Pictures and Code. Thanks. --fsckd<<

Last edited by fsckd (2012-12-05 14:34:55)

#5 2012-12-05 11:03:00

tomk
Forum Fellow

thepasto wrote:

I can't write a PKGBUILD file beacuse of my python noobyness smile

Lame excuse - just use other existing python PKGBUILDs for inspiration.

#6 2012-12-05 16:03:52

Barghest

Ok, everpad runs fine and I had to install the following packages:

python2-pyside
python-magic
python2-httplib2
python2-oauth2
python2-sqlalchemy
python2-keyring

Now, is there an easy way to check if other packages are needed but were already installed?

#7 2012-12-05 23:01:54

snock

Hello ,

install it with python2 setup.py install, and to run it?

Last edited by snock (2012-12-05 23:07:18)

#8 2012-12-06 00:50:54

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Barghest wrote:

Now, is there an easy way to check if other packages are needed but were already installed?

namcap is one. The other way is just to upload it and let people complain if they can't run it smile

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#9 2012-12-09 02:25:17

tubal-cain

I can install it but it doesnt work. i cannot create a note or search for them in krunner.

Board footer