You are not logged in.

#1 2012-12-07 11:18:41

kelnoky

No text/font visible in native Steam (beta)

Hey guys, I recently got invited to the Steam beta for linux and since Arch isn't officially supported I thought I'd try my luck here to fix this error.

When I start up steam (the one from aur) I can't see any text in the Steam window. It looks like this: http://ompldr.org/vZ2xtbw
Now I know that this is an issue steam had on wine recently and it was usually fixed by disabling dwrite, either in wine libraries or as a starting parameter for steam. I just don't know how to do that with the native client. Because a simple "steam -no-dwrite" from a shell doesn't help. big_smile

#2 2012-12-20 11:29:54

kelnoky

Re: No text/font visible in native Steam (beta)

Well, I tried steam again today to see if some update might have fixed it, but nothing changed. I thought I'd post my terminal output, no idea why I didn't do that in my first post: http://pastie.org/5556651
The "having multiple lines in <test>" thing is apparently a known issue with the infinality config and shouldn't do any harm.

#3 2012-12-20 12:35:08

Jasa
Banned

Re: No text/font visible in native Steam (beta)

Closest i can remember was some write in other forum by person in need to use LANG=C export (or likewise) before launching Steam and it should have been fixed to him as of some current updates, might not be relative to your issue.

As for my attempt last night it did work from AUR (x86_64), other side issue was that of not having desktop environment and launching installed game made it windowed and mouse cursor was out of focus huge amount to not get in game options and launch options for -fullscreen and -width did not work either.
Guess i should have tried bit more with that and even allow sending those dump file reports to other end if it does, but issue is not in that of other than forcefull ending of graphical environment from side of tty it is running at.

Board footer