You are not logged in.

#1 2012-12-08 14:23:24

rix

Hook for change boot colors

Hi everyone,
and sorry if this isn't the correct forum for this question.

I'm trying to figure out how (even if it 's possible) to change Systemd boot colors and hooks come to my mind.
I'm not so expert so I'm asking to you if it's possible to create an hook for such purpose and any suggestions (or a better way to do it).

Thanks in advance.

#2 2012-12-08 14:34:25

Trilby
Forum Moderator
Website

Re: Hook for change boot colors

InterrobangSlider
• How's my coding? See this page.
• How's my moderating? Feel free to email any concerns, complaints, or objections.

#3 2012-12-08 14:49:32

rix

Thanks and sorry, I just had forgotten that thread, so when I'd thought about hooks I'd looked on Google and the Wiki and not here anymore. It was my fault.

Anyway, sorry for the ignorance too, but seems like I don't have job.c and also I think it's just for jobs messages. What's about background?
And also, how to recompile it such in case?

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by rix (2012-12-08 14:53:20)

#4 2012-12-08 15:14:48

Trilby
Forum Moderator
Website

No offense, but if you don't know how to get the source and compile then you really shouldn't be tinkering with such things.  But if you really want to take the chance of really breaking something, you should read the ABS wiki page.

I'm not sure what you mean by background, you mean background color for the text, or the actual console color?

InterrobangSlider
• How's my coding? See this page.
• How's my moderating? Feel free to email any concerns, complaints, or objections.

#5 2012-12-08 15:31:19

rix

Trilby wrote:

No offense, but [...]

No offence, but if you'd use your time here, helping and not just criticizing, wouldn't it better spent?
"Joke" apart, when you've started learning, where have you started from? If you really think I'm making stuff wrong, teach me! And I'll be just grateful.

Returning in topic, I don't said that I don't know how make the change in C, and I don't ask someone else to do that for me, I just notice you (who kindly answered me) that I don't have such file. If you want, explain me why I'm not finding it, just in case.

Trilby wrote:

[...] you really shouldn't be tinkering [...]

You, instead, do really think that with suggestion as the like it is, people'd improve their skills?

Trilby wrote:

[...] you should read the ABS wiki page.

... Thanks for the help.
And also, yes, I meant the console color (during boot).

Edit: just to be clear, I'm not looking for a flame, and I was never be part of such thing so far.
I really think you're a smart person who could teach me many things. I just don't understand your point of view.

Last edited by rix (2012-12-08 15:53:07)

#6 2012-12-08 19:10:50

ANOKNUSA

Trilby's point of view reflects that of most of us here--that being, "If you don't know something, don't sit on your thumbs waiting to be tought."  You seem to spend a lot of time bumping threads rather than seeking out the myriad information floating around the web; much of the information you seek is easily found out through a bit of research and experimentation, as is in keeping with the DIY outlook of the Arch community.

Case in point: You can automatically start Udiskie by enabling it using a custom systemd unit file.  Shouldn't be too difficult to hack together but, then again, Udiskie is no longer maintained and Udisks2 is up-and-coming, so you may wish to use something else.  I've never used Udiskie myself, but I learned all of this through about 15 minutes of research.  I'd have posted this info in the thread you opened on the topic, but since you haven't posted back to it in the last couple weeks, I'm guessing you haven't really looked into it, and I don't want to drag out its lingering death. 

Also, perhaps people would be more open to your English hang-ups if your sig were actually legible.  Just have a little consideration for others' time and energy, and things should go just fine for you here. wink

#7 2012-12-08 19:18:44

jasonwryan
Forum & Wiki Admin
Website

This has been covered more comprehensively in the thread Trilby links to.

rix: Trilby is very active and very helpful here. His suggestion was polite and well-meaning, your reaction was unwarranted given the paucity of effort with regard to searching/understanding the issue your original post shows.

Closing -- continue in the other thread.

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Github

Registered Linux User #482438

Board footer