You are not logged in.

#1 2005-10-27 01:57:17

Bysshe

libacl.so.1

Cannot use vim:

vim: error while loading shared libraries: libacl.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

#2 2005-10-27 02:05:36

ozar

Re: libacl.so.1

"pacman -S acl" will give you the needed file...

note also that judd has just uploaded vim 6.4-2 which is supposed to fix it.

oz

#3 2005-10-27 02:26:29

Bysshe

ozar wrote:

"pacman -S acl" will give you the needed file...

note also that judd has just uploaded vim 6.4-2 which is supposed to fix it.

Thanks.  LOL.  Like I always say, I'm a true noob.  I appreciate the help very much.  Now, how to remove white-out from the monitor screen...

#4 2005-10-27 10:41:41

T-Dawg
Forum Fellow

Bysshe wrote:

Now, how to remove white-out from the monitor screen...

What?! ahahaha! Man, you just reminded me of one of my old redneck friends. Whenever the check engine like came on in his off-road, jacked-up, cherry-bombed muffler, chunks of earth stuck in the bumper, a kegger in the back, he would put a piece of masking tape over it so it wouldn't shine in his eyes anymore....

Yeah, I had the same errors with vim 6.4-1. Rebuilding it with abs worked fine until I upgraded to release 2.

I've noticed it doesn't like a line in one of my programs. Apparently

echo -e "somethingc" 

is no longer valid in its eyes but

echo e "somedthing\c"

is for some reason.  roll

#5 2005-10-28 03:31:26

Bysshe

Penguin wrote:
Bysshe wrote:

Now, how to remove white-out from the monitor screen...

What?! ahahaha! Man, you just reminded me of one of my old redneck friends. Whenever the check engine like came on in his off-road, jacked-up, cherry-bombed muffler, chunks of earth stuck in the bumper, a kegger in the back, he would put a piece of masking tape over it so it wouldn't shine in his eyes anymore....

Please, that's nothing.  I got redneck friends that still think fake bullet-holes and saggy nuts trailor-hitch decorations are in.   You don't have redneck friends until you catch them filling the engine with used oil, or getting a new radio instead of replacing the tires whose radial metal bands are showing. 

Yeah, I had the same errors with vim 6.4-1. Rebuilding it with abs worked fine until I upgraded to release 2.

I've noticed it doesn't like a line in one of my programs. Apparently

echo -e "somethingc" 

is no longer valid in its eyes but

echo e "somedthing\c"

is for some reason.  roll

I've yet to even use abs, but I'm getting closer.  Was thinking of trying to package a shorten codec for xmms.  I'll take any user experience notes I can get.

Board footer