You are not logged in.

#1 2005-10-28 17:16:21

rdoggsv
Website

Printing Weird Problem

hello everyone !! thanx for takin the time to read this !!

Ok here i go this is my problem  :oops: , i have installed a canon s100 printer with cups , ok so the printer look like its fine installed i downloaded the ppd file for my printer and put it in the model folder then installed the printer.

So when i run the Print page test it goes out very nice and the page is ok printed buttt... here is the thing , when im working like for example on openoffice when i do a Letter page document the print works and my pages are printed good ; but when i do a Legal page document it wont print it good the page start printing at the middle like if it would ignore a lots of parts in the page.

I tried installing , uninnstalling , reinstalling , etc , etc ,etc , anything i could think of to fix my problem but i simply cant print Legal page documents !

Any idea how to fix this ????

Any help will be highly apreciated !!! Thanx in advance  tongue

[updated]

oK so i went to the gimp-print official page and i found that canons100 was compatible with bjc-4300 so i uninstalled the printer and installed it back again with the bjc-4300 gimp-print on cups, but now i have it working and my new problem is that , on the MEDIA SIZE of this printer there is no Legal option ???

So i have no idea how to tell the printer to print on Legal media size because there is not even 1 single option that be close to it , only close to letter media size.

Any ideas how to fix this ??

#2 2005-10-28 20:12:09

whargoul

Re: Printing Weird Problem

Arch - It's something refreshing

#3 2005-10-29 01:59:46

rdoggsv
Website

Re: Printing Weird Problem

whargoul wrote:

Thanx whargoul i tried that ppd already several times and it didnt worked out for me ! sad

i guess im going to email the linuxprinting mailing list to get help with this problem

with that ppd that u linked me i print ok the letter media size , but the legal doesnt work sad

Board footer