You are not logged in.

#1 2012-12-20 05:46:44

CP

Suspend Button won't work on Asus laptop since upgrade

Prior to my system upgrade I was using acpid + pm-utils to manage the buttons when I wanted to suspend, shutdown or close the lid.  I'm using systemd exclusively now.  For some reason when I click the sleep/suspend button on my laptop now it shuts down the system instead of actually suspending it.  My Fn + F1 key on my laptop suspends the system but I can't get the actual button to work.  Maybe something is overriding this.  acpid.service is disabled.

My logind.conf

#  This file is part of systemd.
#
#  systemd is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
#  under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by
#  the Free Software Foundation; either version 2.1 of the License, or
#  (at your option) any later version.
#
# See logind.conf(5) for details

[Login]
#NAutoVTs=6
#ReserveVT=6
#KillUserProcesses=no
#KillOnlyUsers=
#KillExcludeUsers=root
#Controllers=
#ResetControllers=cpu
#InhibitDelayMaxSec=5
HandlePowerKey=poweroff
HandleSuspendKey=suspend
HandleHibernateKey=hibernate                                                                                                                                              
HandleLidSwitch=suspend
#PowerKeyIgnoreInhibited=no
#SuspendKeyIgnoreInhibited=no
#HibernateKeyIgnoreInhibited=no
#LidSwitchIgnoreInhibited=yes

Thoughts?

#2 2012-12-21 18:27:45

CP

Re: Suspend Button won't work on Asus laptop since upgrade

Does anyone have a similar issue with these laptops?

#3 2012-12-21 20:16:58

westmn

Re: Suspend Button won't work on Asus laptop since upgrade

Not the same laptop but similar issues to be sure. I've been having a hell of a time with my Acer 5755, closing the lid results in a blank screen which only a hard reboot can fix, reboot takes about 5 minutes and shutdown only says it's going to shutdown but never does.
I've tried multiple kernal perams, numerous settings in laptop-mode-tools and systemd, I've tried using and not using pm, acpid and systemd, all to no avail.
I'm going to do a fresh install later today as a last ditch effort, if that doesn't work I'm going to put another distro on my laptop until, with any luck, this mess gets sorted with an update.
Oh yeah I've also tried downgrading my kernel from 3.6.10-1 to 3.6.7-1 and 3.5.6-1 as it started when I upgraded from 3.6.7-1 to 3.6.10-1, but to no avail. I'm sad.

Last edited by westmn (2012-12-21 20:27:25)

Board footer