You are not logged in.

#1 2005-10-29 15:41:46

Lone_Wolf

Arch 0.7 Wombat full iso error with logical volumes

I have a 160 GB ide-hd as primary master in my system.

Whenever i create logical partitions through the installer and try to give them a filesystem i get errors.
the installer reports unable to mount /mnt/usr or not enough space to mount.

Checking the partition table with Partition magic 8 dos tells that the extended partition starts above cil. 1024 and should be of type extendedX.
I let PM8 repair the table and go back to the archlinux install that now works fine.

it looks to me like the error is in cfdisk 2.12a.

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

#2 2005-10-29 20:42:21

T-Dawg
Forum Fellow

Re: Arch 0.7 Wombat full iso error with logical volumes

did cfdisk give you any messages about having to reboot after your changes? Sometimes when you modify the partition table a reboot is necessary before you can do anything to it.

#3 2005-10-29 21:54:41

Lone_Wolf

Re: Arch 0.7 Wombat full iso error with logical volumes

Nope, cfdisk gave no errors or reboot instructions.

1 time i tested this, used the install cd to create 1 primary and 1 logical volume , rebooted and tried /arch/setup without success.

rebooted with PM8 rescue cd, repair things, rebooted again with arch cd and install went on without problems.

It looks like cfdisk/large HD's / logical volumes don't work well together.

I have switched to using LVM since then, so i don't need physical logical volumes anymore.

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

Board footer