Two year happy Arch user.
Been using OO from unstable. No issues.
When OO-2 went into RC status, entire package, be that calc, writer, or anything deadlocks for about 5 minutes on a system before it actually works.
Then it complains that the host name HOST cannot be found.
Strange, by hostname in rc.conf has been DBIS-SR since the beginning.
Doing a ifconfig eth0 down, or a network stop, then a restart of OO has the program immediate gag up the error as mentioned above, OK through it a couple of times, and you're off and running.
Did a pacman -R for both the speller and the base......
Verified that /opt had no openoffice in it. Nuked my openoffice.org entries in the home directory, then reinstalled through pacman.
No change in the errant behavior.
Tried to a search through the bbs for other users with same behavior and I don't see it.
Help would definitely be appreciated.
Did you upgrade to the final version (not much, but always could make a difference)?
If it concerns 'hosts', do you have /etc/hosts configured properly (it's a cause of many problems with various software)?
You bring up a good point. Sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees. And sometimes the obvious gets over looked.....
A 50 years old brain just doesn't work like it used to......
It's been long enough since I installed and configured Arch.....the hosts file may have been overwritten in an update or something....I just forgot to check it.
I'll do it tonight when I get home.
Thanks for the reminder!
No problems there.
In fact here it is.........
# /etc/hosts: static lookup table for host names
#<ip-address> <hostname.domain.org> <hostname>
127.0.0.1 DBIS-Sr.localdomain DBIS-Sr
#184.108.40.206 tta1.carrierwest.com tta1
# End of file
and yes, the HOSTNAME in my rc.conf is spelled as shown here :-)
OO still hoses solid, barfing on "HOSTS" not found.
try removing .openoffice2 in your home
That was one of the first things I did to resolve this.
But I DO appreaciate the reply!
Network is configured properly,
But I had copied and pasted what I though was numeric data from the web into a spreadsheet, only that data came with a link, and the link was a malformed URL, as I was only trying to get the data...
It was NOT an Arch issue, rather a cut and paste issue in the spreadsheet from what I thought was numeric data only from the Web..
For others who may run into this....under "Edit" look at "Links"....This is where I found my malformed URL's.