· DO NOT post full resolution screenshots! You can use the "mogrify" command (pacman -S imagemagick) to make a thumbnail of your screenshot:
$ convert -resize 250x250 screenie.png thumb-screenie.png
Sizes Twenty percent of the original size is great for 1024x768 screenies. For bigger sizes (and especially for multi-monitor setups), we ask you to keep in mind not everyone uses broadband, and use an even smaller size (10% of a Full HD setup will still be 192x180, for example). NOTE: Anything wider than 250px or over 50Kb in size will be removed.
You can then upload these images to your server and use the following code to show them on the forum:
*Thanks to Thayer for the screenie (more...)
· Several websites offer free image hosting.
Use the "thumbnail for forums" link code that is supplied by the image host to post your thumbnail link.
· Once the new month begins please do not post new screenies in the old threads.
· If the screenshot has questionable material that might not be safe to view while at work or in a school setting, please post only a link and not a thumbnail, along with a mention of "Not Safe for Work". Posts that do not adhere to this are subject to deletion without notice at any time.
· Please try to include any links to your wallpaper or configs that you may have and/or the names of your icon theme, running apps, DE, etc. in the same post to reduce unnecessary clutter later.
***** Your screenshot will be replaced by a reminder if you do not follow these guidelines *****
* As a simple way to include information about your setup in the screenshot, you can use a tool like Archey, screenfetch or screenfo (all in AUR) to print out details about your window manager, font, shell etc., with a very attractive ASCII Arch logo...
happy new 2013 year archers... let there be health for all out there and just keep it real .... everything else should be just fine
the setup not changed too much... running killer gnome3 on my desktop pc
busy shot 1:
busy shot 2:
Using for the setup:
gnome-shell theme: Faience
gtk theme: Adwaita
icon theme: Faience
cursor theme: Macbuntu-Cursors from this theme
conky: download config here
wallpaper: custom one
» Dash to Dock,
» Frippery Applications Menu,
» Extension Weather (AUR PKG) ,
» Remove Accessibility,
» User Themes
» WorkSpace indicator
Last edited by ViruSzZ (2013-01-01 10:58:02)
Their Momma Made Em, Their Momma Gave em & now she can`t even SAVE`em | My WebLog
New year, newish window manager:
I may have to get a brief screencast to show the name-earning behaviors of scrollwm.
dwm (with a few patches) + aur/stlarch_font + custom status-script(in bash)
not much change since the last time ...
Last edited by mutterschiff (2013-01-03 12:53:03)
thou shalt not kill -9