You are not logged in.

#1 2013-01-05 20:43:57

DarkCerberus
Banned

Access E17 File Manager as root

Hi Everyone,

I'm having trouble in finding out which command line to use to access the root part of the E17 file manager - I've tried gksu enlightenment but that didn't work could anybody help if possible.

Our enemies are your enemies, Nick. Disorder, war. It's just a matter of time before a dirty bomb goes off in Moscow, or an EMP fries Chicago.  ---  Alexander Pierce, Captain America: Winter Soldier
Access Denied! De-cryption failed, override denied all files sealed! --- Triskelion, Shield OS
-----
How to ask questions the smart way

#2 2013-01-05 21:04:49

89c51

Re: Access E17 File Manager as root

DarkCerberus wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I'm having trouble in finding out which command line to use to access the root part of the E17 file manager - I've tried gksu enlightenment but that didn't work could anybody help if possible.

I think i remember a quote by rasterman himself that in order to access EFM as root enlightenment has to run as root since the FM is integrated in it. Or something along these lines. I might be wrong so better wait people knowing E17 better than me.

#3 2013-01-05 22:34:39

VCoolio

Confirmed. The command (optionally followed by a path) is

enlightenment-remote -efm-open-dir

#4 2013-01-06 15:41:20

DarkCerberus
Banned

VCoolio wrote:

Confirmed. The command (optionally followed by a path) is

enlightenment-remote -efm-open-dir

That command line isn't valid on my terminal is just coming up as "bash: enlightenment-remote: command not found" - is there anyone else who uses E17 Desktop Environment who knows how to access the root file manager.

Our enemies are your enemies, Nick. Disorder, war. It's just a matter of time before a dirty bomb goes off in Moscow, or an EMP fries Chicago.  ---  Alexander Pierce, Captain America: Winter Soldier
Access Denied! De-cryption failed, override denied all files sealed! --- Triskelion, Shield OS
-----
How to ask questions the smart way

Board footer