You are not logged in.

#1 2013-01-07 21:11:04

NathanRMH

aur-general "You are not allowed to post to this mailing list"

I found a font I needed a few days ago that I couldn't find in the AUR, so I made a package and threw it up on the AUR. A few days later, when I realized I didn't even end up installing it after the packaging, I searched for it to download and install it, only to find there was a package of that font from half a year ago, so I figured I'd go report my package for deletion.

The AUR wiki page states that removal requests should be emailed to aur-general. When doing this, I get an automated response from aur-general-owner stating:
"You are not allowed to post to this mailing list, and your message has
been automatically rejected.  If you think that your messages are
being rejected in error, contact the mailing list owner at
aur-general-owner@archlinux.org."

How do I get permission to send my removal request? And if getting permission requires something not so easy, could someone forward the email for me?

#2 2013-01-07 21:40:07

Scimmia
Bug Wrangler

Re: aur-general "You are not allowed to post to this mailing list"

Subscribe to the mailing list first.

#3 2013-01-07 21:40:34

Trilby
Forum Moderator
Website

I'm not very familiar with that process, but did you contact the mailing list owner as instructed?

InterrobangSlider
• How's my coding? See this page.
• How's my moderating? Feel free to email any concerns, complaints, or objections.

#4 2013-01-07 23:36:45

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer