You are not logged in.

#1 2013-01-07 15:32:42

neok
Website

autogen.sh not working

Hi,

(Editing original post) The build scripts and files, as generated by Glade2 for some applications I wrote a few years ago, appear to be incompatible with the latest versions of automake/autoconf. As I always relied on Glade2 to build my programs, I have no experience of setting up the necessary files manually for autogen.sh to work.

I would appreciates any hints on the path to follow and documentation to read on setting up build tools "manually".

My thanks in advance.

Last edited by neok (2013-01-07 16:32:46)

Regards

Neoklis ... Ham Radio Call: 5B4AZ

#2 2013-01-07 15:38:16

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: autogen.sh not working

neok wrote:

however now autogen.sh fails with a number of warnings and error messages.

Are we supposed to guess what these are?

[pet-peeve]could you remove the "please help:" from your title?  It serves no purpose - or if any purpose it only suggests that you think your issue is more worthy of help than all the others on the forum.[/pet-peeve]

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#3 2013-01-07 19:29:06

rockin turtle

One of the best autotools articles I've found is http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/boo … ke_libtool.

#4 2013-01-08 04:39:35

neok
Website

rockin turtle wrote:

One of the best autotools articles I've found is http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/boo … ke_libtool.

Thank you very much, rockin turtle! Excellent article and good starting point. I just want to update some of the apps I have written, as a self-taught amateur, a long time ago and which are now becoming incompatible with the new developent tools and libs.

Regards

Neoklis ... Ham Radio Call: 5B4AZ

Board footer