You are not logged in.

#1 2013-01-09 03:18:00

Reded

mpDris2, E17 empris module troubles

Hey everyone, just a little issue.

For a while now I've used MPD as a music player, so I've got it working pretty much how I like it. However, I recently tried out the new E17 release and loved it! So now I want to integrate MPD into my new fun bouncy desktop.

I tried the module MPDule (Found it online) And it works OK, however I'd like it to also open up in the Everything Launcher (Which was my goal with the module in the first place)

It seems the EMPris module manages this... SO THEN I went on to find there's a way to hook MPD together with mpris, using mpDris.

However, this is where I'm a bit stumped. I can't find any documentation whatsoever online about how to get these two working together... Is this something blatently obvious I'm missing?

I've tried running mpDris just to see what happens, and this returns an error like this:

Warning: By not supplying a path for the music library this program will break the MPRIS specification!
Fatal: MPD command error: [3@0] {password} incorrect password

This seems a bit weird in itself as MPD doesn't have a password set (I don't open it up to outsiders very often so don't feel the need).

I'm starting to feel maybe there's an easier way to go about this (Using an actual mpris-compatable music player perhaps?)

Is there anything at all in the way of solid documentation to get all of this working together? Has anyone here done it? Mr. Google hasn't shown me any light as of yet unfortunately!

"Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying "End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH", the paint wouldn't even have time to dry."

#2 2013-01-09 20:00:53

Reded

Re: mpDris2, E17 empris module troubles

OK I believe mpDris2 is working - The problem now is making the E17 modules connect to it. They don't connect to XMMS2 either.

"Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying "End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH", the paint wouldn't even have time to dry."

#3 2013-01-09 21:00:25

10PinkPanther

Ask for help on Bodhi Linux forum if you can't figure it out.They are willing to help from my expirience.

#4 2013-01-09 21:22:06

Reded

I think I will open up a thread there, thanks for suggesting! smile I've already been on their site for a nice green theme!

#5 2013-01-11 08:41:28

Reded

Well my thread on the Bodhi forums has been unsuccessful - My thread was moved to The Lounge! sad

My mpris modules/gadgets still don't seem to do anything sadly sad

Got my head in the #e IRC chat too, popping my question every now and then!

Apart from this E17 is solid as a rock and I've not managed to find any other modules that don't work yet, so this has turned into my 'problem of the moment'!

Board footer