You are not logged in.

#1 2013-01-11 02:58:27

tubesock427

Wacom Intuos3 4x6 mouse won't click

Hey guys. I recently got a new laptop for Christmas, and I have a Wacom Intuos 4x6 tablet. I normally use it for my mouse, whenever my touchpad fails to be sufficient.

It worked fine at first once I got my drivers. Every now and again, it would stop clicking. If I unplugged and replugged the USB, it worked again. However, now it doesn't. The tablet recognizes the mouse moving, but no click function whatsoever.

I tried it on my old laptop, and it still clicks and recognizes it there. Whenever I click the mouse or tap with the pen, the blue light on the tablet changes to green. Even though no click is currently registering, it still turns green. My tablet pen still works fine, but isn't too great when playing games.

That makes me think it's a driver/config issue. Previously, I was running on Debian, if it matters.

Just so you guys know, I'm very new to Arch, and I normally rely on one or two friends of mine if I get stuck. I've googled my problem, and I haven't found anything helpful, and I have no idea what else to look for. So, I ask you to please have patience with me. It'd be easier if you all were very straightforward as far as directions/running commands go. If you need me to run a command to grab configuration information or whateverelse, just say the word.

I can grab the lscpi if needed, it's just long. I see no wacom device or anything on there.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Also, my uname -a.
Linux tubesock.westell.com 3.6.11-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Dec 18 08:57:15 CET 2012 x86_64 GNU/Linux

#2 2013-01-16 03:21:05

tubesock427

Re: Wacom Intuos3 4x6 mouse won't click

Hi guys, me again. Trying to bump with some new information.

I saw this thread: http://forums.bodhilinux.com/index.php? … ont-click/. It's for Bodhi however. Very similar issue, except their Wacom mouse is fine, while their touchpad and USB are the ones having issues.

The command that solved that issue gives nothing for me (I expected, since this is Arch, not Bodhi). I'm still fresh meat, so I am unaware if there is an Arch equivalent of that command? Or am I going the completely wrong direction? Some guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Until then, I'll keep researching.

EDIT: I just saw the xdotool command somewhere in the repos, so I snagged it. Tried to run that mouseup 1 command line, and nada. Any ideas or guidance?

Last edited by tubesock427 (2013-01-16 03:23:51)

Board footer